Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Two coordinators interview with Texas

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    Aberdeen has something to say about this:

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019
    There’s a middle ground with Gregory. If we lost three potential starters at any position we wouldn’t be very good. Beavers, Kaho, and Eifler. Eifler transferred because he didn’t play and that was the right call. He’s still not very good and wouldn’t have made anything more than a marginal difference.

The damage has been done and we’ll be out of it next year. A bunch of new guys will be playing LB and we’ll be a lot better there next year.

The other faults at ILB did not have anything to do with Gregory’s recruiting. Weaver and Bolton were not priorities and they went elsewhere and are good players, especially Weaver.

I don’t think he’s a shitty coach. He has a mostly good track record. He should be bashed for Manu and taking so long to play Ulofoshio. That’s really it tho.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

There’s a middle ground with Gregory. If we lost three potential starters at any position we wouldn’t be very good. Beavers, Kaho, and Eifler. Eifler transferred because he didn’t play and that was the right call. He’s still not very good and wouldn’t have made anything more than a marginal difference.

The damage has been done and we’ll be out of it next year. A bunch of new guys will be playing LB and we’ll be a lot better there next year.

The other faults at ILB did not have anything to do with Gregory’s recruiting. Weaver and Bolton were not priorities and they went elsewhere and are good players, especially Weaver.

I don’t think he’s a shitty coach. He has a mostly good track record. He should be bashed for Manu and taking so long to play Ulofoshio. That’s really it tho.

Does he not have input on player eval’s for players like weaver and Bolton? At the end of the day he is responsible for the personnel and performance. It’s not like beavers not playing was a huge surprise. His career was derailed long before the rose bowl injury. I could buy your argument if the lb play was just not impactful. But it was super impactful in the worst way possible.

This was the worst linebacker play I have seen and when they have lived in the top 15 the past 3 years there should be more talent and a better performance.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Both are retards.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,364 Founders Club

Jimmy has Coach K. I would be shocked if Bush were coming back. The rest of it is not that important. But he's not going to fire the O-Staff before the shit-tier bowel or early signing day.

If I were anyone but Huff or Junior (who I've heard Jimmy doesn't personally love) I would be really worried on O.

In the next 18 months I think there is a lot of staff turnover. The one guy it wouldn't surprise me to see retained is Bobby Greggy.
    This was a @Dennis_DeYoung alt
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Jimmy has Coach K. I would be shocked if Bush were coming back. The rest of it is not that important. But he's not going to fire the O-Staff before the shit-tier bowel or early signing day.

If I were anyone but Huff or Junior (who I've heard Jimmy doesn't personally love) I would be really worried on O.

In the next 18 months I think there is a lot of staff turnover. The one guy it wouldn't surprise me to see retained is Bobby Greggy.
    This was a @Dennis_DeYoung alt
    negative

@puppylove_sugarsteel = @Dennis_DeYoung