Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Regarding Pac 12 Coaches

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
So now 5/12 head coaches in the Pac 12 are black,
whereas I'm seeing one black head coach in the big 10 and SEC combined, which is Franklin. You can say two if you add the ACC in there because Willie is gone (Dino Babers is left), but I'm not going to count that conference because it's the B1G and SEC that are getting west coast recruits over our schools.

I'm wondering if the Pac 12 schools are trying to keep west coast recruits on this side of the country with the racial makeup of their coaches, by just trying to look more attractive against the good ole boy roster of the SEC, because we are so fucked competing with traditional means with our shit conference network and deals which will only continue to get worse.

It also helps that 3/5 are supposed to be good recruiters, and Herm has been decent as well. Sumlin will be the only one on the chopping block soon because they've been such a dumpster internally.

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,111
    I don't think it's intentional, at least not for that reason. Recruits haven't been leaving the West Coast any more than normal until maybe last year and most of those coaches were already in place.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Me thinks you may be putting too much thought and bearing on the current carousel.

Perhaps...

Maybe it's because people in the West give pretty close to zero fucks about race.

Same as East and South?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe it's because people in the West give pretty close to zero fucks about race.

I think you should visit this cesspool called "Hardcore Husky." I hear it might change your mind.
    edited December 2019

I think you should visit this cesspool called "Hardcore Husky." I hear it might change your mind.
    Say what???

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

haie said:

So now 5/12 head coaches in the Pac 12 are black,
    whereas I'm seeing one black head coach in the big 10 and SEC combined, which is Franklin. You can say two if you add the ACC in there because Willie is gone (Dino Babers is left), but I'm not going to count that conference because it's the B1G and SEC that are getting west coast recruits over our schools.

I'm wondering if the Pac 12 schools are trying to keep west coast recruits on this side of the country with the racial makeup of their coaches, by just trying to look more attractive against the good ole boy roster of the SEC, because we are so fucked competing with traditional means with our shit conference network and deals which will only continue to get worse.

It also helps that 3/5 are supposed to be good recruiters, and Herm has been decent as well. Sumlin will be the only one on the chopping block soon because they've been such a dumpster internally.

3/5???

WOW. Just, WOW.
    filth POTD
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    I don't see color
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Washington basically 'demoted' their version of Chip Kelly (Petersen is the best coach that poorly located sty of a school could hope for) and have moved on to Mark Helfrich. Up next, Willie Taggart.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

If any recruits are indeed leaving the west coast, it’s simply because the PAC-12 sucks

Yeah imagine how bad things are for a recruit to leave LA to go play in Columbus, OH or Tuscaloosa, AL. Both of those programs are top notch, but the location is shit.

Now imagine they leave for a non-powerhouse in an equally shitty and far away place...

#FireLarryScott
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter

That's not true at all. Left coast liberals go out of their way to tell you how everything is about race.

Ty wasn't fired after year 3 because he was black.
    People in the West also give pretty close to zero fucks about college football.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,690 Founders Club
    The Pacific Coast Conference and the Big 10 led the way in player desegregation with quotas along the way but still. Still leading the way with coaches now

I don't know what it does for recruiting. Not much as far as I can tell. Once the SEC and ACC opened the gates they have had no issues getting the best talent white or Black

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Why is it always about the melanin affluence.