Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Am I the only one pissed Pete didn’t clean up this mess

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Stepping down and letting Lake take over doesn’t absolve Pete from this cluster fuck. Most likely Pete didn’t want to fire assistants or deal with some of the boosters who called him out for having a loosing conference record .

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,548 Founders Club
    I highly doubt any boosters were calling him out. That's conjecture on my part but I just doubt it.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I highly doubt any boosters were calling him out. That's conjecture on my part but I just doubt it.

So boosters who give the athletic department lots of money were satisfied with 3 home losses and 5 conference losses.

UW is more fucked than I thought
    T&P’s @UW football
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,548 Founders Club

So boosters who give the athletic department lots of money were satisfied with 3 home losses and 5 conference losses.

T&P’s @UW football
    There's a difference between being dissatisfied and calling someone out.

T&P’s @UW football
    If the boosters are in Seattle, then yeah, they probably didn’t call him out. UW has some soft, low expectation boosters. See Ty Willingham’s tenure for examples of this.
    The former mayor of Everett isn't walking through that door anytime soon.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Got feeling this has been in the works for a while and Pete’s gonna eat up some of that 3 mil to stay on and continue to assist in transition. Jimmy in the best possible position for himself and I’m not sure what a blow it up job search could have returned any better than this outcome.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Pete confirmed that he was a front running pussy and ran when he faced just a little bit of adversity. He is a hypocrite. This program is not for everybody. Definitely not him. If he had the guts he would have fired Hamadan and bob then hand the keys over.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,678 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

This program is not for everybody.

The crushing pressure of the Seattle media, blood thirsty fan base and unforgiving UW super donors isnt for the faint of heart?

My bad. I'll be nicer to Jimmy
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s a show/game....if you aren’t having fun doing it and it’s affecting your personal life then get out.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

T&P’s @UW football
    You guys think every fan is like you. Yeah, there was disappointment with the average fan, but they don’t get all pissed off like this board, even boosters. They like to win. They don’t demand it and withhold money because we had one 7 win season after three years of 10+.