Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Petersen stepping down impact Jacob Eason's decision?

2»

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Tequilla said:

It shouldn't change Eason's decision at all.

I suspect that he will get feedback that tells him that he's got a lot of holes in his game in terms of accuracy, throwing under pressure, manipulating the pocket, and manipulating defenders with his eyes. He might get a high round pick in the NFL if taken but no guarantee he finds himself in a position to get meaningful snaps in his first contract or anything more than a backup role in his career at this point.

For that reason, I'd recommend to him coming back and trying to improve his stock. He will always be able to hold a clipboard if for no other reason than his arm talent.

I disagree. He had a lot of reasons to leave previously. He would get drafted recently with the suspicion he could develop. Another bad year would make him worse off. Now he has reason to see the new QB coach and OC and if he will develop in the ways he should.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,214
    He's better off leaving and hoping he lands with the right NFL team where he can sit and develop for a 1-2 years before taking meaningful snaps. If he's a late-1st rounder and goes somewhere like New Orleans where he can sit behind Brees and learn from Sean Payton that is a much better scenario than hanging out at UW for another season and trying to learn a new scheme, etc.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

It shouldn't change Eason's decision at all.

I suspect that he will get feedback that tells him that he's got a lot of holes in his game in terms of accuracy, throwing under pressure, manipulating the pocket, and manipulating defenders with his eyes. He might get a high round pick in the NFL if taken but no guarantee he finds himself in a position to get meaningful snaps in his first contract or anything more than a backup role in his career at this point.

For that reason, I'd recommend to him coming back and trying to improve his stock. He will always be able to hold a clipboard if for no other reason than his arm talent.

I disagree. He had a lot of reasons to leave previously. He would get drafted recently with the suspicion he could develop. Another bad year would make him worse off. Now he has reason to see the new QB coach and OC and if he will develop in the ways he should.
    I agree he should probably leave now, there are going to be a ton of changes, new HC, new OC, new position coaches, new system. He doesnt seem all that intelligent and IMO is just a Jake Lockner that cant run and should probably just take the money.

HOWEVER, if he is actually an ELITE, big dick QB it isnt all that crazy to come back...

The difference between late 1st 2020 and "falling" to the third round in 2021 is around $4 million "loss" (disaster season)
    The difference between late 1st 2020 and "rising" to top 7 pick in 2021 is a $14+ million "gain" (11-1 season)

I think Easons draft floor is actually set rather high given his physical stats, some coach/scout is going to fall in love with him and take a chance. I would be surprised even if he did a repeat, of what was a pretty mediocre season of play, that he would slide much further than mid 2nd. However, if the team actually put it together and he is throwing 50 yard bombs in the rosebowl or playoff game he is going to get drafted top 5 rather easily.

Coming back is not an absurd bet if Eason believes he is actually good.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    It could help knowing that there will be a new offense
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    If Eason leaves now he’s fuckn racist because of Jimmy
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

During his post game interview he looked wistful as he gazed at Husky Stadium and was asked if he was returning

He's not

• TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    He should learn from Herbert not to come back. It’s amazing GMs are still high on him after this year. Or end up like Tua. If he’s slotted in the 1st go and get the money.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

He should learn from Herbert not to come back. It’s amazing GMs are still high on him after this year. Or end up like Tua. If he’s slotted in the 1st go and get the money.

Rose bowel win sucks, he stayed for it
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Average QB’s don’t often get a lot better. Burrow and Carson Palmer have and I get that Eason has talent, but I don’t think he will ever be great. He doesn’t seem to have it.

That said, he’s a solid QB and he will be a pro. He might even be a somewhat decent pro, but he’s probably never going to be great.

He doesn’t have a natural feel for the position and arm strength only matters so much.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    There's some group texts floating around between ex dawgs and ex pro players where the prevailing view is that the Eason we see today will never play a down in the NFL because he's not ready and the NFL isn't where QBs are developed and groomed. He needs another year if he wants any chance of actually playing on Sunday, someday.