Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

THIEL: THE SEASON THAT GOT AWAY FROM PETERSEN

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,079 Founders Club
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    “I’m not sure if (panic) is the right word,” Petersen said. “But I know it’s very unsettling and there’s a tendency to press a little bit more.

“Pressing”. Sounds like something the last dipshit would say.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,993 Founders Club
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    I think Petersen is as perplexed as the rest of us. Nobody really knows what the fucked happened this year and how such a talented team couldn't get their own heads out of their asses for a single 4-quarter stretch. There doesn't seem to be an easily diagnosed issue either and Pete is giving the same confused, canned responses.

Anyways, that was the first Thiel article that I enjoyed in quite awhile. Everything is fucked.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    Meek said:

I think Petersen is as perplexed as the rest of us. Nobody really knows what the fucked happened this year and how such a talented team couldn't get their own heads out of their asses for a single 4-quarter stretch. There doesn't seem to be an easily diagnosed issue either and Pete is giving the same confused, canned responses.

Anyways, that was the first Thiel article that I enjoyed in quite awhile. Everything is fucked.

if he's perplexed he's either lying or not as smart as we thought he was before this season. There are 5 obvious reasons for this failing season:

1) the offensive playbook is needlessly complicated
    2) they don't play the best players, but rather play the guys who have loyalty/seniority (there is zero reason Baccellia should be getting the playing time he gets)
    3) they failed at recruiting linebackers completely
    4) trick play bullshit cost us 2 games (you could say it's the playbook but I think it's play calling decisions which is a bit different)
    5) the psychological straight jacket the coaches strap onto the players

don't even need to address all 5 to turn this season around. If 1-2 of those were different for Cal, Utah, Oregon, and Colorado that's 4 wins instead of 4 close losses. I still can't explain the Stanford game.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club
    Shaw is 4 and 7