Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offensive Line sucks

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    trey adams has regressed, should have bailed when he 'got healthy' last year.

tbh, everything sucks though.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Hire Strausser back as a consultant to actually coach the o line and just let Huff recruit.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It looks like everyone.gif sucks, not just the OL.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    But huff can recruit! O Line getting worse each week. Can we bring back Strausser???
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It always sucks, so I’m starting to think it’s the process not the substance.
    I’m sure other offensive coaches could figure out how to run placation passes against a run blitz and draw plays on 3rd down
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nobody who is a junior and projected in the draft should ever come back. Never works out. Herbert will lose as much as Locker did.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    Meek said:

Nobody who is a junior and projected in the draft should ever come back. Never works out. Herbert will lose as much as Locker did.

He was probably going to be the 2nd QB taken last year, but that’s debatable. He will be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken this year. Haskins put up huge numbers and still went 15th. I don’t think it will hurt Hebert that much.

Locker got hurt by the salary cap changes and draft picks not getting as much money. I still don’t think he would have went before Bradford if he came out that year once everything was reviewed.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

He was probably going to be the 2nd QB taken last year, but that’s debatable. He will be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken this year. Haskins put up huge numbers and still went 15th. I don’t think it will hurt Hebert that much.

Locker got hurt by the salary cap changes and draft picks not getting as much money. I still don’t think he would have went before Bradford if he came out that year once everything was reviewed.
    yes, but the 3rd qb taken at number 1-3 or vs the 3rd qb taken between picks 10-20 will be the difference.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

Meek said:

yes, but the 3rd qb taken at number 1-3 or vs the 3rd qb taken between picks 10-20 will be the difference.
    Getting taken high is not such a thing any more. These QB's are making their money in their second and third contracts not the rookie one. Almost better to go mid round or later to a better team where you're more likely to succeed. Think DeShaun Watson, LaMar Jackson. Top picks like Mayfield and Trubisky struggle because they are on shit teams.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

3rd QB was taken 15th last year. Herbert won more this year. He does some things well, but he isn’t always the best decision maker and some of his ball placement is off.

I will say, he moves around in the pocket well. He doesn’t go down every time he feels pressure like Eason.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sosebee would be an upgrade at this point
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    El_K said:

Sosebee would be an upgrade at this point

Oh no you didn't!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The offensive line lost this game, and really lost the season. McGary and Kirkland only two non pussy o line on this team the last 2 years.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The decline of Trey Adams has been unbelievable. The dude was looking to go pro as a true junior and was regarded as one of the top tackles in the country. Two years later and he looks like freshman year Micah Hatchie turnstile. He is barely giving a fuck out there and just going through the motions.

The whole o line, though, looks completely lost.