Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - Maine Gamethread

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bey is almost as bad as Wright on offense. I don’t expect him to ever be anything but a liability of offense at this point.

I like Tsohonis but he’s going to be a league average PG.

Battle will take a step next year, but he’s no lottery pick.

The team next year needs a ton of improvement to even be respectable. BPJ, Roberts, have shown next to nothing. They are a big drop off from Stewart.

I do think the morale will be better with McDaniels, at least early on, but that’s not enough to make this team a good team. Next year’s season is over. Which is why Hop should be fired.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Hop ain't getting fired ... if for no other reason than the buyout

Any talk of Hop getting fired is FS
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Oh I know he’s not. I’m just saying he should.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

@bananasnblondes

I think the development of some of those 2nd year players really highlights something Hop has been saying recently about unreasonable expectations on players ... in football if a player isn't playing a ton in Year 2 we don't think too much of it. In basketball, it's viewed as an indictment of the player.

Bey strikes me as a 4 year role player ... I think it's very possible that he takes a leap between this year and next year. I actually like some of the things I've seen in Penn Johnson ... it also wouldn't shock me if he's a player next year. Hardy should be out of the program ... he's not good enough to play in the P12 IMO.

Hameir is a tough one for me because I can't disagree with anything you said. I do think I've seen signs of him playing better but he's got to sustain that. I'd like to see him play with more conviction. The drive he had last night was decisive and worked well. I'd like to see him, and others, play more with that kind of strength.

Naz is an athlete and not a basketball player to me at this point. I have nothing to base this on, but I think he probably had set in his mind that he'd be able to leave after this year and is playing with that pressure on him. Too often I see him trying to make plays that he's not capable of making. He's best in catch and shoot situations and slashing to the basket off the ball. He's not great with the ball in his hands and is a poor passer.

Battle will be good ... I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn into a high end P12 performer.

I don't think we are far from a tipping point where McDaniels could leave the team. Getting benched last night after about 10 seconds upon re-entering the game may be the final straw for him. I could see people in his ear saying that Hop is ruining him and his draft prospects and it's better to leave than to let Hop keep making him look bad.

I said Bey was a Jag last year... He might not even achieve that. He has been asked to do one job, just one, stand in the corner and hit threes and he has actually got worse at it. Bey has a 28 3P% for the year. Since conference play (10 games) he is 6 for 25. Its fucking terrible. His only limited positive is he works decent hard at the top of the zone but he cant really do anything else on the court. The liklihood he puts in the work this upcoming offseason when he clearly didnt last off season is rather low.

Naz has always fallen back on his top .5% athleticism, If he just spent an extra 1.5 hours a day after practice shooting 3s and improving ball handling he would increase his future NBA earnings 10 times over. Someone needs to explain to him that putting in 500 extra hours of work over the next year will probably net him 18+ million more in the future... To put it in dumb dumb terms, ~500 hours, 18 million dollars, $36,000 an hour. Fucking lock yourself in the gym you retard.

Instead Naz is 75% spastic explosions that result in a TO or offensive foul and 25% highlight dunk/block.

Battle = CJ Wilcox... he needs a lot of polishing though.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

@bananasnblondes

I think the development of some of those 2nd year players really highlights something Hop has been saying recently about unreasonable expectations on players ... in football if a player isn't playing a ton in Year 2 we don't think too much of it. In basketball, it's viewed as an indictment of the player.

Bey strikes me as a 4 year role player ... I think it's very possible that he takes a leap between this year and next year. I actually like some of the things I've seen in Penn Johnson ... it also wouldn't shock me if he's a player next year. Hardy should be out of the program ... he's not good enough to play in the P12 IMO.

Hameir is a tough one for me because I can't disagree with anything you said. I do think I've seen signs of him playing better but he's got to sustain that. I'd like to see him play with more conviction. The drive he had last night was decisive and worked well. I'd like to see him, and others, play more with that kind of strength.

Naz is an athlete and not a basketball player to me at this point. I have nothing to base this on, but I think he probably had set in his mind that he'd be able to leave after this year and is playing with that pressure on him. Too often I see him trying to make plays that he's not capable of making. He's best in catch and shoot situations and slashing to the basket off the ball. He's not great with the ball in his hands and is a poor passer.

Battle will be good ... I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn into a high end P12 performer.

I don't think we are far from a tipping point where McDaniels could leave the team. Getting benched last night after about 10 seconds upon re-entering the game may be the final straw for him. I could see people in his ear saying that Hop is ruining him and his draft prospects and it's better to leave than to let Hop keep making him look bad.

I said Bey was a Jag last year... He might not even achieve that. He has been asked to do one job, just one, stand in the corner and hit threes and he has actually got worse at it. Bey has a 28 3P% for the year. Since conference play (10 games) he is 6 for 25. Its fucking terrible. His only limited positive is he works decent hard at the top of the zone but he cant really do anything else on the court. The liklihood he puts in the work this upcoming offseason when he clearly didnt last off season is rather low.

Naz has always fallen back on his top .5% athleticism, If he just spent an extra 1.5 hours a day after practice shooting 3s and improving ball handling he would increase his future NBA earnings 10 times over. Someone needs to explain to him that putting in 500 extra hours of work over the next year will probably net him 18+ million more in the future... To put it in dumb dumb terms, ~500 hours, 18 million dollars, $36,000 an hour. Fucking lock yourself in the gym you retard.

Instead Naz is 75% spastic explosions that result in a TO or offensive foul and 25% highlight dunk/block.

I hear you but some guys don’t have a good feel for the game and it can’t improve much. I think Naz might fall into that. He doesn’t create off the dribble at all and is not a playmaker. It’s fine if he was a consistent scorer, but he’s really not.
    I can see flashes in Bey ... then I see him disappear for long stretches ... I’m not sure he ever becomes a starter but that also doesn’t mean he can’t be a contributor

I think Roadie is on the right path for Naz ... he just doesn’t seem to have the polish that you would like
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Number one Hop supporter has spoken.

Tequilla said:

OK!!!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

@bananasnblondes

This is perfect.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I can see flashes in Bey ... then I see him disappear for long stretches ... I’m not sure he ever becomes a starter but that also doesn’t mean he can’t be a contributor

I think Roadie is on the right path for Naz ... he just doesn’t seem to have the polish that you would like

Bey doesn’t look like he’s horrible, but he is and his stats are terrible. He does nothing most the time he’s on the floor.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

OK!!!
    We remember. You still have his jizz on your chin.

Is it hard being wrong so often?
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Battle is going to be good. The Wilcox comp is almost perfect.

I had high hopes for Bey, but he can play 30 minutes and end with a line if 2/1/0, which is actually hard to do in that much time.

I want to see Roberts and BPJ more now that it's a lost season.

McDaniels can kick rocks at this point. Hop too.

Tequilla said:

Bey doesn’t look like he’s horrible, but he is and his stats are terrible. He does nothing most the time he’s on the floor.
    I agree with this

My view is that just because you are today doesn’t mean you will be in the future

It may be a leap with Bey

I had high hopes for Bey, but he can play 30 minutes and end with a line if 2/1/0, which is actually hard to do in that much time.

I think Battle has a higher ceiling than Wilcox ... I think Battle has more athleticism and handle

I ultimately think Battle is a 10-20 pick
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I think Battle has a higher ceiling than Wilcox ... I think Battle has more athleticism and handle

Wilcox was a very good athlete. He just had almost no game off the bounce and was a bad finisher. Thybulle is a very good athlete too but couldn’t finish around the basket unless it was a breakaway dunk.

I think Wilcox is a pretty good comparison for Battle. Battle will average 15-20 his junior year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I fucking love Battle but he's not going in the top 20 ever.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    Standard Supporter
    How the hell do any of you see anything in Bey? The guy is absolutely awful.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,206
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Bey was decent the second half of last year. He’s completely regressed though since then, now just awful
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bey was decent the second half of last year. He’s completely regressed though since then, now just awful
    He really didn’t do shit, but I did talk myself into thinking he would be pretty good. That was mainly because Hop was always raving about him.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bey is a massive beta