Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Joe Tryon Last 2 Games

7.5 tackles for loss. 4 sacks.

Before the Utah game he had 2.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks for the season.

I would love to see him put together a couple more good games and be someone we can count on being dominant next season.

The DL (Tryon is basically a DE, fuck off DDY) has been improving all season. Next year we will also have a bunch of talented freshman that redshirted this year so it should only get better. It would hurt to lose Levi, but I still think our DL should be pretty good.

Now we just need some LB’s.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Levi might stay
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    The defense should be quite a bit better than this year, with guys who have actually shown what they could do instead of a bunch of "if so and so comes around".

Except at lb. It's still all going to be "if is good..." I learned a lesson this year. Good but inexperienced DL and DBs can't cover for two shit ILBs.

Levi coming back would be pretty big. The DL will have about the same amount of depth, more recruiting stats by their names, but a lot less experience especially without him.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,014
    0 tackles this week
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Bread said:

0 tackles this week

Nice Try

on
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Levi most likely coming back. I’m not sure he’s graduating this year but Nigerian parents are pro school.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,014

Levi most likely coming back. I’m not sure he’s graduating this year but Nigerian parents are pro school.

They are also pro millions of Dollars
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited November 2019
    chuck said:

The defense should be quite a bit better than this year, with guys who have actually shown what they could do instead of a bunch of "if so and so comes around".

Except at lb. It's still all going to be "if is good..." I learned a lesson this year. Good but inexperienced DL and DBs can't cover for two shit ILBs.

Levi coming back would be pretty big. The DL will have about the same amount of depth, more recruiting stats by their names, but a lot less experience especially without him.

We missed BBK more than I thought. Even when he was getting drug for 5 yards, at least he was in the right position. Even if the LB doesn't make the play, it stops the big gains when they are in the right position.

I am not sure who will replace him. And Azeem before him. We are missing that guy.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tryon, Latu, Bowman, and ZTF will give UW a nice foursome on the edge in 2020.

Fresh legs and deep rotations can make a big difference at OLB, especially in the pass rush. If Smalls or Trice can be ready to contribute even a tiny bit, this starts to look like the deepest group of edge players Kwiatkowski has had at Washington.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    TTJ said:

Fresh legs and deep rotations can make a big difference at OLB, especially in the pass rush. If Smalls or Trice can be ready to contribute even a tiny bit, this starts to look like the deepest group of edge players Kwiatkowski has had at Washington.

Don’t forgot my boy Jordan Lolohea who been out grinding outside of football and eager to get back in.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

I'd forgotten about Lolohea. Good point. It's hard to predict what kind of contribution he'll make, and when. But he's potentially another mature body to add to the mix.

Or he shows up at 185, after being scorned away from food & exercise with the rest of the non-BYU committed Elders.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Bread said:

They are also pro millions of Dollars
    They have a prince backing them. They'll be okay.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    TTJ said:

Isn’t bowman a senior ?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2019
    TTJ said:

I’m gonna say it again. Latu would be a beast inside. A stronger Levi. He’s an edge setter and nothing more outside.

Loloheo, Smalls, and Trice are important. We need them to be good in order for Latu to play on his natural spot.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    FirePete said:

TTJ said:

Isn’t bowman a senior ?
    nope