Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You think we've got it bad losing Kent Starter Jacket guys to the Hawks?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
As much we are piss and moan about shitty attendance and low energy Husky Stadium, things could be a lot worse. Look at this situation in LA...wow.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

I think that has more to do with two shitty teams than it does the NFL.

Agree

Trojan football still gets more media coverage

The Rams lost their Super Bowl and are now headed back to Bolivian
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Certainly a mix of the two.

What I does mean, I think, that with anything less than Natty resurgence, the NFL makes recovery harder.
  • largemargelargemarge Guest, Member Posts: 72
    Urban Meyer would fix that in a hurry.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

LA is a pro sports town tho. I agree it has to do with USC and UCLA being shitty. The Chargers are a mess and can’t sell out a small soccer stadium.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    You can’t expect to fill a football stadium with a population base of only 4 million

It’s hard
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

Certainly a mix of the two.

What I does mean, I think, that with anything less than Natty resurgence, the NFL makes recovery harder.
    Obviously, shitty LA schools football is part of the problem. But USC had it pretty fucking good in the early 2000s being the NFL team of LA.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

LA is a pro sports town tho. I agree it has to do with USC and UCLA being shitty. The Chargers are a mess and can’t sell out a small soccer stadium.
    Lakers are #1 and Dodgers #2 with the Trojans coming in at #3. Nothing else really matters.

My dad once told me in the 60's that if Seattle got a NFL team we wouldn't get good NFL games anymore because of local team regulations.

That's why most of LA didn't want teams back. Now we're stuck with the Chargers and Rams and miss a lot of good games. And no, I wouldn't take Sunday Ticket for free
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Lakers are #1 and Dodgers #2 with the Trojans coming in at #3. Nothing else really matters.

My dad once told me in the 60's that if Seattle got a NFL team we wouldn't get good NFL games anymore because of local team regulations.

That's why most of LA didn't want teams back. Now we're stuck with the Chargers and Rams and miss a lot of good games. And no, I wouldn't take Sunday Ticket for free
    If there is a certain game you want to watch, the internet makes it pretty easy to do so.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Agree

Trojan football still gets more media coverage

The Rams lost their Super Bowl and are now headed back to Bolivian
    Typo or not, oblivian vs. Bolivian is an excellent slip.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Not a typo

https://youtu.be/6tLrIkPK8kg

Great pigeon farming in Bolivia.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

You’d have to pay me to go to an NFL game
    Haven't you heard? Once a year they play in pink tutus because women are football fans now.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Haven't you heard? Once a year they play in pink tutus because women are football fans now.
    WHAT?!?!?!?1
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

Emoterman said:

I thank god I married a women who wasn’t into fantasy football. That’s almost as bad as car selfies.
    I was the commissioner of my company’s fantasy football league for five years. Now I know why I’m a barren spinster doomed to die alone.
    You should adopt several cats and refer to them as your fur babies.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

I’ve never been to a NFL game. Are they fun?