Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some say Eason needs another year of development before turning pro

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The NFL has no problem with statues if they have it all together. They still have to be able to move in the pocket. Eason’s pocket presence is pretty bad.

For all the shit Josh Allen rightfully got for going #7, he can move. Same for Darnold. The kid from Duke can move too.

Haskins was the only guy in recent memory to go high that couldn’t really move. And even he dropped and went lower than expected. Still went 15th, but I believe his lack of mobility probably hurt him.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

What if your son was a try hard 2 star?

that shit worked for pete at boise, doesnt work at UW.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

whuggy said:

I know mock drafts aren't necessarily great but Eason is dropping like a stone. The best projection I saw was 17th and numerous ones had him out of the first round. Cowherd had a great point on the direction that the NFL is heading and his point is that QB's have to have a decent amount of mobility due to the fact that teams aren't spending as much on the OL and want their QB to be able to have some level of escapability rather than being a statue in the pocket. Eason has an NFL arm but little to no pocket mobility. Currently he does just the opposite of what he should do when pressured. Needs to come back and demonstrate the ability to step up when pressured and it's Hamdan's job to teach him. If he can do that there is a much bigger financial reward for him in the 2021 draft than the direction he is heading now.

If this is the direction they are heading, that would indicate this trend would be further along and statuesque QBs would be even less valuable next year. His athletic ability isn't going to change, and while the NFL is FS, if this is the trend, Eason won't look any more appealing just because he climbed the pocket a couple times.
    Well, the way he is trending he might get picked up by a better team rather than a poor team nearer the top of a draft. I can't imagine him going to a weaker team that needs him to play quickly because he would get demolished. Somebody like Green Bay might be perfect because he could sit behind Rogers just like he sat behind Favre. I still think he'd be leaving money on the table by coming out rather than staying a year and demonstrating better pocket skills. Come out in 2021 and it's him and Lawrence at the top of the draft.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No idea if he should or shouldnt leave but I watched him miss throws all night on Friday. Hunter had a few drops but besides that it was mostly on him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Emoterman said:

whuggy said:

I know mock drafts aren't necessarily great but Eason is dropping like a stone. The best projection I saw was 17th and numerous ones had him out of the first round. Cowherd had a great point on the direction that the NFL is heading and his point is that QB's have to have a decent amount of mobility due to the fact that teams aren't spending as much on the OL and want their QB to be able to have some level of escapability rather than being a statue in the pocket. Eason has an NFL arm but little to no pocket mobility. Currently he does just the opposite of what he should do when pressured. Needs to come back and demonstrate the ability to step up when pressured and it's Hamdan's job to teach him. If he can do that there is a much bigger financial reward for him in the 2021 draft than the direction he is heading now.

If this is the direction they are heading, that would indicate this trend would be further along and statuesque QBs would be even less valuable next year. His athletic ability isn't going to change, and while the NFL is FS, if this is the trend, Eason won't look any more appealing just because he climbed the pocket a couple times.
    Well, the way he is trending he might get picked up by a better team rather than a poor team nearer the top of a draft. I can't imagine him going to a weaker team that needs him to play quickly because he would get demolished. Somebody like Green Bay might be perfect because he could sit behind Rogers just like he sat behind Favre. I still think he'd be leaving money on the table by coming out rather than staying a year and demonstrating better pocket skills. Come out in 2021 and it's him and Lawrence at the top of the draft.
    There are so many trades that it’s probably unlikely. Good teams with established QB’s don’t typically draft QB’s as high as Eason probably would go. Plus, the good teams change so much every year that it’s tough. Other than NE and Seattle (a bit below), the rest of the league is pretty up and down.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I say declare for the NFL draft on Monday morning and get away from Petersen.

Jake Browning's comment about receiving bad coaching was ridiculed by me, but he was right and I was wrong.

Eason is getting worse as the season goes along.

** yes there's a little tongue in cheek humor here, but also a serious point being made.

Give Eason SC's WR's and UW has 1 loss. And Browning, no amount of coaching could help with your deficiencies. Minnesota pretty much sums it up . How did you hide your cunt in the showers?