Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vinyl Finds

Scored at Easy Street in the 3 for $10 bin

Prince - Purple Rain
Rick James - Street Songs
Joni Mitchell - Blue

All in good shape.

For some reason the dumpster diving aspect of this stupid hobby appeals to me the most.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Scored at Easy Street in the 3 for $10 bin

Prince - Purple Rain
    Rick James - Street Songs
    Joni Mitchell - Blue

All in good shape.

For some reason the dumpster diving aspect of this stupid hobby appeals to me the most.

The thrill of finding good score in the used bins (although they are rare these days) never goes away.

I still buy about 50% used from the local shops and 50% from the online stores for the audiophile reissues. The current reissue of Blue on Rhino is phenomenal by the way. Mastered by Kevin Gray and cut all analog from the OG tape.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I found a mid 70's Japanese pressing of Band of Gypsys today. It wasn't cheap but holy phuk does it sounds amaze balls!

Very rarely did the Japanese ever press a bad record.

Holy shit that's cool. Nice find.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I found a mid 70's Japanese pressing of Band of Gypsys today. It wasn't cheap but holy phuk does it sounds amaze balls!

When you find Japanese pressings in the used bins you must buy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont know Jack about vinyl but I would've guessed so. I have friends who are really into their collections and I get why. The sound is amazing.

I had the impression you weren't a big Jimi fan. I am. Band of Gypsies isn't my favorite by any stretch but Machine Gun by itself is right up there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I dont know Jack about vinyl but I would've guessed so. I have friends who are really into their collections and I get why. The sound is amazing.

I had the impression you weren't a big Jimi fan. I am. Band of Gypsies isn't my favorite by any stretch but Machine Gun by itself is right up there.
    I am a big Jimi fan. Just not on the same level that I am with Stones, Beatles, Who, Kinks, Neil Young, Dylan, etc. He needed more time and didn't have as prolific career as my all time favs.

Speaking of vinyl I haven't heard from @Gilbystaint in a while. Where you at bruh?