Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Graham and Lewis share a moment before the kick

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    That scared the shit out of me. If your kicker needs a pep talk before a kick, he shouldn’t be your kicker. He almost missed that kick BTW
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Another great moment in Oregon's magical run to the Alamo Bowl.
  • Options

Oregon is not good enough to beat Utah at this point.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That scared the shit out of me. If your kicker needs a pep talk before a kick, he shouldn’t be your kicker. He almost missed that kick BTW

Every shot of Camden Lewis walking the sideline psyching himself up scared me to death. I was livid at the decision to settle for the kick, and it would have been a historic miss if it went the other way.
  • Options
    Since kicking is 90% mental, I'm surprised teams don't use psych tests more often on these guys. We do them for QB, but kicking is just as much of a mental position. Watching Camden Lewis on the sideline for 5 minutes would be enough to move on from him. The kid is way to soft mentally for the position. You need a kicker like the guy from "The Replacements" without the gambling problem of course.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oregon is not good enough to beat Utah at this point.
    The defense misses Cumberland more than I would have ever expected. They aren't getting anywhere near the penetration they were getting before he got hurt. Thibodeaux has been a non-factor.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    DJDuck said:

"Nega, you miss this I'm am going to shiv your mom and rape your sister"

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,184
    You guys know a lot about kicking

Ever done it?
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Ever done it?

Nope, I'd suck at it. You seem bitter...

So we can't criticize anybody in a field we aren't good in?

I know some really shitty attorneys, cops, and doctors, but since I've never practiced law, studied criminal justice, or earned a PHD, I shouldn't criticize?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    ramenduck said:

Every shot of Camden Lewis walking the sideline psyching himself up scared me to death. I was livid at the decision to settle for the kick, and it would have been a historic miss if it went the other way.
    Would you rather have a fumble or a bogus snap like has happened more than once this season? Game ends, Oregon loses in that scenario.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734

ramenduck said:

Would you rather have a fumble or a bogus snap like has happened more than once this season? Game ends, Oregon loses in that scenario.
    Not a bad point, but far more unlikely than a freshman kicker missing a GWFG. I think if you have two opportunities to score, you take them both.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

Not a bad point, but far more unlikely than a freshman kicker missing a GWFG. I think if you have two opportunities to score, you take them both.
    Seems like he's the only kicker we've got right now. Maybe kicking a game winning FG will boost his morale and he will become more reliable going forward. His missed extra point helped put the ducks in that position, but Maldonado would have missed the game winning FG for sure.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,184

HuskyJW said:

Ever done it?

Nope, I'd suck at it. You seem bitter...

So we can't criticize anybody in a field we aren't good in?

I know some really shitty attorneys, cops, and doctors, but since I've never practiced law, studied criminal justice, or earned a PHD, I shouldn't criticize?
    I’m just asking

You also said 90% mental. Since you’ve never done it how do you figure?