Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 Wide Receiver Snap Counts

Baccellia 365
Fuller 336
Bynum 154
McClatcher 112
Nacua 107

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    Nothing like 2019 Husky Futbol to make us stay thirsty mis amigos.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,013
    Osbourne had like 20 snaps in OOC 0 in conference. Maybe Pete forget he already redshirted?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2019
    Anyone have a graph of snap counts per game? I still think Bynum and somewhat Ozzy are trending up. Hopefully Ty Jones can displace Opera for the rest of the season
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone have a graph of snap counts per game? I still think Bynum and somewhat Ozzy are trending up. Hopefully Ty Jones can displace Opera for the rest of the season

Unfortunately, most of Bynum's snaps early this season were routes to clear out the zone for an underneath route. He never actually would've been targeted on those plays unless there was a busted coverage.

Now that he's actually running more than a go, he's actually proven himself to be a decent WR.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Unfortunately, most of Bynum's snaps early this season were routes to clear out the zone for an underneath route. He never actually would've been targeted on those plays unless there was a busted coverage.

Now that he's actually running more than a go, he's actually proven himself to be a decent WR.
    I do think he will be decent, but he caught 7 passes for 40 something yards. He still hasn’t really done anything.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Baccellia 365
    Fuller 336
    Bynum 154
    McClatcher 112
    Nacua 107

Where does this data come from?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited October 2019

TTJ said:

Baccellia 365
    Fuller 336
    Bynum 154
    McClatcher 112
    Nacua 107

Where does this data come from?

Someone from Doogpound charted all the snaps for al the positions, and it goes game by game.

Pretty good work.
    Bynum and Puka’s snap count against Oregon must have been pretty high then. Hopefully Pete pulls his head out of his ass these two weeks and the trend continues
    edited October 2019

Bynum and Puka’s snap count against Oregon must have been pretty high then. Hopefully Pete pulls his head out of his ass these two weeks and the trend continues

Pretty sure it will. Can’t be sure until it happens. Just give Fuller Baccallia’s reps and we’re good. Give the leftover snaps to Spiker/Osborne. It’s time to see what those guys got and potentially get them some confidence to be contributors next year.
    I don't know how reliable this data is. But it's good chit.

Somebody with more time on their hands than me should build some trendlines from this.
    TTJ said:

I don't know how reliable this data is. But it's good chit.

Somebody with more time on their hands than me should build some trendlines from this.

Fuller and Baccallia both playing that many snaps against Cal after multiple fuck ups and drops is absolutely baffling.

Maybe Osborne got banged up at practice. Seems weird he went from playing a handful of snaps to nothing at all. It’s not like he had a chance to do anything in the games he did play.
    There's a lot of other interesting stuff here.

For instance, why did Bronson get nearly twice the snaps against Oregon than Tuli and Taki combined?

Why has a healthy Jax Sirmon seen his snaps dwindle to zero? Can Jax and Ngata (and maybe >5 games from Heimuli) combine to completely displace Manu down the stretch?

It's also interesting to see how far Williams, Gordon, and Hampton have fallen out of favor in the secondary.

TTJ said:

There's a lot of other interesting stuff here.

For instance, why did Bronson get nearly twice the snaps against Oregon than Tuli and Taki combined?

Why has a healthy Jax Sirmon seen his snaps dwindle to zero? Can Jax and Ngata (and maybe >5 games from Heimuli) combine to completely displace Manu down the stretch?

It's also interesting to see how far Williams, Gordon, and Hampton have fallen out of favor in the secondary.

Turner given time produces, trending up. Looks like he will replace Bryant, Williams will replace Turner. Molden should stay, if not Gordon replaces.
    Too bad Gordon didn’t get to rotate in to begin with. Both him and Williams got thrown to the wolves and struggled. I have a lot of hope for Gordon and think he might be a better nickel or safety.

Too bad Gordon didn’t get to rotate in to begin with. Both him and Williams got thrown to the wolves and struggled. I have a lot of hope for Gordon and think he might be a better nickel or safety.

Other than a couple PI flags, I was actually pretty pleased with how Gordon played. I think he has a tremendous future, wherever Lake chooses to play him. I still like him a lot as a hyper-aggressive, long-limbed, bump-and-run corner.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baccellia 365
    Fuller 336
    Bynum 154
    McClatcher 112
    Nacua 107

This kind of plagiarism delivers
    Baseman said:

Baccellia 365
    Fuller 336
    Bynum 154