Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The life of a broken Dwag

1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
After Stanford--correction: after the three seasons leading up to Stanford, I decided that Husky football under Chris Petersen is making me a worse person (angry, bitter), and it's just not worth it. Not abandoning fandom or anything, but I'm going to keep things at arm's length and only watch games if there's absolutely nothing else to do or after the fact if I read about them winning and not playing in a manner that makes me want to kill everybody in the vicinity.

In light of this new life strategy, I found myself on my way to Home Depot (it was lovely) a little before 3:00 on Saturday. "Game's probably getting over, so I guess I can turn on the radio and see if the score is something that would make me want to watch this shitfest later." Flip on the radio, and I've underestimated how much time would be left in the game. Everyone was celebrating a touchdown on the opening 3rd quarter drive to make the lead 28-14. "Ho-lee-fuck. I was right: Pete's pissed, took this game serious, and brought the plunger."

By the time I got to the store, the mighty Death Row Defense had grabbed ankles to make it a one score game again, the offense's red zone woes returned to leave four points on the table and settle for a field goal, and I'm off to go pick up a mountain of conduit and some fittings.

And right in the middle of rounding all of this stuff up is when I suddenly have to take one of those "right now" shits. In the nasty Home Depot bathroom. But this is the world we live in: One can be blowing ass in a disgusting public restroom, sure, but at least he can be doing so while watching his Dwags play some football! So I get out my phone and find a stream.

I kid you not that this is the only play of Oregon at Washington that I watched:

3rd and 1. Up by only three. Fourth quarter. In serious need of momentum. Skinny fucking Eason playing split end. Fourth string running back lined up to take wildcat snap. "FUCK YOU, PETERSEN! This is another loss!"

I tried to shut it off in time, but didn't get to the back arrow before witnessing Pleasant (and, simultaneously, the toilet at Home Depot) getting blown up.

That one play, and the circumstances surrounding my viewing of it, are like a Cliffs Notes version of three seasons of Husky football for me. I just can't take this shit anymore.

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Did you make one of these faces while taking said shit?

And held it for the next two days straight, too.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Washington has been dead to me since petersen brought a purple shower curtain to the sidelines to hide his play calls from ASU.

I will never forget, I will never forgive
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479

Taking a @jhfstyle24 style shit in the Home Depot restroom while watching the Duck game. Classic.

I’m so sorry @1to392831weretaken. Like you I’m keeping football at arms length. As Buddhists say, attachment is the cause of suffering.

The support group meets on Tuesdays. Free coffee and donuts. All are welcome.

Me: "Hi, my name is digits, and I'm a Huskyholic."
    Them: "How long have you been in recovery, digits?"
    Me: "Since December 7th, 2008, so nearly eleven years now. Problem is, I keep relapsing."
    Them: "It's OK. Relapsing is part of the process. Are you working the steps?"
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597
    phineas said:

Washington has been dead to me since petersen brought a purple shower curtain to the sidelines to hide his play calls from ASU.

I will never forget, I will never forgive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azENoxRHT1M
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    digits said:

Taking a @jhfstyle24 style shit in the Home Depot restroom while watching the Duck game. Classic.

I’m so sorry @1to392831weretaken. Like you I’m keeping football at arms length. As Buddhists say, attachment is the cause of suffering.

Me: "Since December 7th, 2008, so nearly eleven years now. Problem is, I keep relapsing."
    I've been in recovery since Gilby was coach and I was at the 54-7 game at Cal. The relapses get harder and harder. I feel for ya.

@Doog_de_Jour is there a SW Washington support group that meets in some stupid farmer's barn?
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479
    LebamDawg said:

digits said:

I've been in recovery since Gilby was coach and I was at the 54-7 game at Cal. The relapses get harder and harder. I feel for ya.

@Doog_de_Jour is there a SW Washington support group that meets in some stupid farmer's barn?
    I had to hit absolute rock bottom before I knew I needed help.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

digits said:

@LebamDawg - try the one in Yelm.
    digits said:

Ha! I’m imagining the scenes out of the start of Fight Club.

Was honestly posting this exact .gif when I saw yours. Great minds and all that....
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

digits said:

@LebamDawg - try the one in Yelm.
    digits said:

Ha! I’m imagining the scenes out of the start of Fight Club.

Was honestly posting this exact .gif when I saw yours. Great minds and all that....
    ;)

Oh, @RobertPaulsonDawg is still available.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Spastic colon stories are really the best HH stories.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,766 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Spastic colon stories are really the best HH stories.

What are you waiting for? Eat some Lebanese food.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

After Stanford--correction: after the three seasons leading up to Stanford, I decided that Husky football under Chris Petersen is making me a worse person (angry, bitter), and it's just not worth it. Not abandoning fandom or anything, but I'm going to keep things at arm's length and only watch games if there's absolutely nothing else to do or after the fact if I read about them winning and not playing in a manner that makes me want to kill everybody in the vicinity.

In light of this new life strategy, I found myself on my way to Home Depot (it was lovely) a little before 3:00 on Saturday. "Game's probably getting over, so I guess I can turn on the radio and see if the score is something that would make me want to watch this shitfest later." Flip on the radio, and I've underestimated how much time would be left in the game. Everyone was celebrating a touchdown on the opening 3rd quarter drive to make the lead 28-14. "Ho-lee-fuck. I was right: Pete's pissed, took this game serious, and brought the plunger."

By the time I got to the store, the mighty Death Row Defense had grabbed ankles to make it a one score game again, the offense's red zone woes returned to leave four points on the table and settle for a field goal, and I'm off to go pick up a mountain of conduit and some fittings.

And right in the middle of rounding all of this stuff up is when I suddenly have to take one of those "right now" shits. In the nasty Home Depot bathroom. But this is the world we live in: One can be blowing ass in a disgusting public restroom, sure, but at least he can be doing so while watching his Dwags play some football! So I get out my phone and find a stream.

I kid you not that this is the only play of Oregon at Washington that I watched:

3rd and 1. Up by only three. Fourth quarter. In serious need of momentum. Skinny fucking Eason playing split end. Fourth string running back lined up to take wildcat snap. "FUCK YOU, PETERSEN! This is another loss!"

I tried to shut it off in time, but didn't get to the back arrow before witnessing Pleasant (and, simultaneously, the toilet at Home Depot) getting blown up.

That one play, and the circumstances surrounding my viewing of it, are like a Cliffs Notes version of three seasons of Husky football for me. I just can't take this shit anymore.

Disagree.

I’ve found the Home Depot bathroom to be quite well maintained.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,843
    I’m just here for hawt NBA talk and husky hoops