Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The stats are out on Peterman. Enter at your own peril

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I spent a tuff 5 minutes of brainpower (a lot for me) compiling these statistic on the Peterlips regime. It aint pretty.

Petersen is 2-4 against Oregon
Petersen is 2-4 against Stanford
Petersen is 2-3 against ASU
Petersen is 3-3 against Cal
Petersen is 0-2 against SEC teams
Petersen is 0-2 against good B1G teams
Petersen is 1-4 in Bowl Games

Yikes.

Fucking yikes. This needs to lead to a breakthrough or this is the biggest blueballing in D1 football history. Reminiscent of the early 90s Bills...did they lose 3 or 4 Super Bowls in a row, I forget?

Some stats in Pete's favor:

Like 12-1 against the WAC schools Uoot and buff.
5-0 versus the poor mans aTm of the west...cuog
#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

beat FUCKING OREGON PETE HOLY SHIT
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I spent a tuff 5 minutes of brainpower (a lot for me) compiling these statistic on the Peterlips regime. It aint pretty.

Yikes.

Fucking yikes. This needs to lead to a breakthrough or this is the biggest blueballing in D1 football history. Reminiscent of the early 90s Bills...did they lose 3 or 4 Super Bowls in a row, I forget?

#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

Seems like we’re Kansas State-of the early 2000’s
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Yikes.

#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

Not familiar with that other than Bill Snyder had them decent. Did they also lose every big OOC game?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Petersen never had to coach close games at Boise, so he never learned how to make halftime adjustments or manage a game.

We've seen this pattern for the last 3 years and it's getting worse and worse since he peaked in 2016.

Eh idk about this. He beat Oklahoma in the mother of all close games and beat a tuff undefeated TCU in 2010 or 2011. He won big games at Boise all the time. He won the equivalent of 2018 UW-Auburn when he beat Georgia in Atlanta. He also beat Va Tech in DC.

Something just isnt working. At all.
    Maybe it's because we replaced our assistants with gameday coaching experience with new assistants who are better at recruiting?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Petersen never had to coach close games at Boise, so he never learned how to make halftime adjustments or manage a game.

We've seen this pattern for the last 3 years and it's getting worse and worse since he peaked in 2016.

Eh idk about this. He beat Oklahoma in the mother of all close games and beat a tuff undefeated TCU in 2010 or 2011. He won big games at Boise all the time. He won the equivalent of 2018 UW-Auburn when he beat Georgia in Atlanta. He also beat Va Tech in DC.

Maybe it's because we replaced our assistants with gameday coaching experience with new assistants who are better at recruiting?
    Maybe. But still...sarks players in 2016 were impactful

Pete never gets azeem or Ross
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,104
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Yikes.

#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

But, like, with SHITLOADS more talent.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Which ones were those?
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pin the OP forever.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

HuskyJW said:

Yikes.

#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

Not familiar with that other than Bill Snyder had them decent. Did they also lose every big OOC game?
    No.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Holiday_Bowl?wprov=sfla1
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    The only thing I can think of is that Peterman is taking forever to balance out the ins and outs of running a top flight program and marry it with his built for fucking life shit.

At Boise junior college all his croots bought in hook line and sinker. No one ever decommited, everyone bought in to be a robot and they typically appeared to play as one homogenous unit.

Nowadays, the playing field is more robust and erratic and he's having troubles maintaining what he knew at Boise.

Somehow this may explains his fuck ups with the linebacking corps. His extended loyalty to Gregory and paopao ...

His inability to accommodate or coach talents like Marcus peters ...

His inability or unwillingness to recruit talent out if his very narrow field of view.

But to give Peterman credit:

- program is relatively free from scandals and high profile shenanigans.
    - no one is beating people up at frat houses
    - no one is getting girls pregnant (that we are aware of)
    - administrators love this kind of "accountability and honor" shit. They absolutely love it.

So, we want Peterman to be more ruthless but the reality is that he's going to go sloooow ... and the jury is still out if he will ever make it.

The talent is coming ... but will he be able to put it all together because the fuck ups at coaching are apparent and top end croots don't want to go through that shit regularly.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,166
    Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

HuskyJW said:

Yikes.

#4 finish in 2016

In closing,

No.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Holiday_Bowl?wprov=sfla1
    That was a GOOD K State team
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Which ones were those?
    It's also stupid because what the fuck impact do you expect a position coach to make during the game? He can adjust personnel and give pep talks, but that's about the extent of it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

The only thing I can think of is that Peterman is taking forever to balance out the ins and outs of running a top flight program and marry it with his built for fucking life shit.

At Boise junior college all his croots bought in hook line and sinker. No one ever decommited, everyone bought in to be a robot and they typically appeared to play as one homogenous unit.

Nowadays, the playing field is more robust and erratic and he's having troubles maintaining what he knew at Boise.

Somehow this may explains his fuck ups with the linebacking corps. His extended loyalty to Gregory and paopao ...

His inability to accommodate or coach talents like Marcus peters ...

His inability or unwillingness to recruit talent out if his very narrow field of view.

But to give Peterman credit:

- program is relatively free from scandals and high profile shenanigans.
    - no one is beating people up at frat houses
    - no one is getting girls pregnant (that we are aware of)
    - administrators love this kind of "accountability and honor" shit. They absolutely love it.

So, we want Peterman to be more ruthless but the reality is that he's going to go sloooow ... and the jury is still out if he will ever make it.

The talent is coming ... but will he be able to put it all together because the fuck ups at coaching are apparent and top end croots don't want to go through that shit regularly.

sounds great, but what will he do at halftime when he has a lead?