Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We have a chance to get some younger guys valuable time going forward.

BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
This season is lost... so who tf cares? This is a chance to build some serious momentum for next year.

It's clear that being green has fucked us in the ass... so lets not be green next year.

Start the potential draftees: Bryant, Adams, Harris... The rest?

I wouldn't mind seeing Fuller/Opera on the bench for the rest of the season in favor of Spiker/Osborne. Why not? Those 2 fucks will never get drafted... them playing is actually worthless.

I'd like to see what other OL's have other than Wattenberg, Kirkland and Hilbers... Ale, Bainivalu, Mele, Kalepo, Buelow anyone?

As far as I'm concerned fuck Potoa'e, fuck Bronson... let's have a 5 man rotation of Tuli, Taki, Bandes, Fatui, Paama... see who shows up.

Fuck Wellington and Manu... I wanna see Heimuli get some run alongside Sirmon and Tafisi the rest of the year.

Honestly guys... we're gonna be no better off than we are this year if these kids never get in... it's not helping if these old, talentless fucks who suck keep robbing valuable minutes.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Imagine thinking guys like Potoae, Bronson, and Kirkland are the problem. Jesus fucking christ.

They not, guys behind them are
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Imagine thinking guys like Potoae, Bronson, and Kirkland are the problem. Jesus fucking christ.

The coaches are behind them???
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    FirePete said:

Firmly disagree... they're seniors and they haven't done shit. Same with Fuller, Opera, Wellington, Manu... these are the "leaders" of this team and they haven't led anything.

I for one am not looking forward to next year where there are 10 more guys who have never seen the field are expected to start and perform. I'd just assume get them on the field now so they're not green when they do.

Some of the true freshman I mentioned yes, probably outlandish.

But there is no excuse for Spiker and Osborne to not see WAY more opportunities from here on out. Same with the linebackers.

I don't see who we're "screwing over." I don't care that you're a senior... congrats on making it this far, but frankly, you all screwed the damn pootch this year.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    The main point? Pete and his staff overall are shit on game day. Recruiting and Sunday through Friday they are pretty good.

Pete has beaten a lot of dreck while UW. Ya, ya, Stanford in 16' and sark's squad I remember.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    The other way to look at this "opportunity" would be Pete can play all the walk-ons for the rest of season.

I would lean towards this scenario over sitting seniors and non-performers. Of course, another option is fall back to line up used for Cal and the Tree
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    FirePete said:

No they aren’t. Tuli and Taki are the problem? The true freshmen DT’s are the problem? Missing out on Marlon was big. It hurts now. We are a year or two away on the DL. Bronson and Potoa’e have nothing been pretty good. Not great and they did wear down against Oregon, but pretty good.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    Can't wait for the backup QB game reps to be limited to handing the ball off 3 times and then taking a knee for a series.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Yeah, let's tank to get a higher draft pick...oh wait...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

No they aren’t. Tuli and Taki are the problem? The true freshmen DT’s are the problem? Missing out on Marlon was big. It hurts now. We are a year or two away on the DL. Bronson and Potoa’e have nothing been pretty good. Not great and they did wear down against Oregon, but pretty good.
    I am talking about LB, the guys that are physical behind the DL. The DL play has been decent, not amazing but not horrendous
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

The main point? Pete and his staff overall are shit on game day. Recruiting and Sunday through Friday they are pretty good.

Pete has beaten a lot of dreck while UW. Ya, ya, Stanford in 16' and sark's squad I remember.

This. I’ve never seen a season where game day coaching has hurt us this much. All the losses can be pinned on coaching. Not recruiting, although better players always helps. We had plenty to win all three games we have lost.
    110%