Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wins/Losses vs Talent

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,403 Swaye's Wigwam
Since 2015 (as far back as 247 composite team rankings go) Petes wins against talent better than what the Huskies had at the time were:

@ USC 2015
Stanford 2016
@ Oregon 2016
UCLA 2017
Oregon 2017
@ UCLA 2018
Stanford 2018
USC 2019

Losses against worse talent:

@ Boise 2015
Cal 2015
Utah 2015
@ Oregon 2018
@ Cal 2018
Cal 2019
@ Stanford 2019

We do not play anyone else with more talent this year besides possibly in a bowl game.

Went into this with idea that he has lost more bad games than won good games but the plain stats show it to be relatively even. With this in mind it definetly points more directly to the fact that recruiting is obviously the biggest factor in winning games.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    I would like to see us come off a bye and beat Shittingham and the Mountain West Cadets, but I doubt we have any pride left.

Just start Sirmon and Nacua and Chin and get the rest of this shitshow over with.

/// Lyfe.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,403 Swaye's Wigwam
    I know TSIO but it would be fun to get into the Holiday bowl and play Michigan as we have them to start next season and again in '21. Would set up for some good games potentially
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,716 Swaye's Wigwam

I think we have the most talented offense in the conference. USC is close, but we have a huge upgrade at QB. The offense should be #1 in the PAC 12 rather easily.

We might have the most talented offense in the conference, but we have the worst offensive coaching. The Cal and Stanford games come to mind as baffling, and the lack of halftime adjustments against Oregon resulted in us pissing the game away
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,452 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Since 2015 (as far back as 247 composite team rankings go) Petes wins against talent better than what the Huskies had at the time were:

@ USC 2015
    Stanford 2016
    @ Oregon 2016
    UCLA 2017
    Oregon 2017
    @ UCLA 2018
    Stanford 2018
    USC 2019

@ Boise 2015
    Cal 2015
    Utah 2015
    @ Oregon 2018
    @ Cal 2018
    Cal 2019
    @ Stanford 2019

We do not play anyone else with more talent this year besides possibly in a bowl game.

Went into this with idea that he has lost more bad games than won good games but the plain stats show it to be relatively even. With this in mind it definetly points more directly to the fact that recruiting is obviously the biggest factor in winning games.

Good thing we have a head coach who prioritizes recruiting so highly!
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Canadawg said:

@ USC 2015
    Stanford 2016
    @ Oregon 2016
    UCLA 2017
    Oregon 2017
    @ UCLA 2018
    Stanford 2018
    USC 2019

@ Boise 2015
    Cal 2015
    Utah 2015
    @ Oregon 2018
    @ Cal 2018
    Cal 2019
    @ Stanford 2019

Good thing we have a head coach who prioritizes recruiting so highly!
    We've got our own Ron Zook
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I think we have the most talented offense in the conference. USC is close, but we have a huge upgrade at QB. The offense should be #1 in the PAC 12 rather easily.

Problem is that half of the talent is waiting on the Sr scrub class to graduate
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479
    Canadawg said:

I know TSIO but it would be fun to get into the Holiday bowl and play Michigan as we have them to start next season and again in '21. Would set up for some good games potentially

Why would it be fun to play the same opponent in consecutive games?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    You needed this offense and Eason to complement your defense in 2016, minus some of the dumb playcalling like the wildcat and the ridiculous JV attempt to have a guy hide in the endzone and try to blend in. Still would have lost to Alabama most likely, but it would have been a closer game.
    digits said:

Canadawg said:

How do you think ooc rivalries happen?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

Not really. One or two WR’s maybe. That’s it. Other than Baccallia, everyone on offense that plays is a genuinely good player.

FirePete said:

Not really. One or two WR’s maybe. That’s it. Other than Baccallia, everyone on offense that plays is a genuinely good player.
    Lol....no, what has Chico done? He could not get open against LB that had 50 pounds on him. That was the match up we wanted and he could not get it done.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Lol....no, what has Chico done? He could not get open against LB that had 50 pounds on him. That was the match up we wanted and he could not get it done.
    I was going to mention him, but he hardly plays.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited October 2019
    Canadawg said:

@ USC 2015
    Stanford 2016
    @ Oregon 2016
    UCLA 2017
    Oregon 2017
    @ UCLA 2018
    Stanford 2018
    USC 2019

@ Boise 2015
    Cal 2015
    Utah 2015
    @ Oregon 2018
    @ Cal 2018
    Cal 2019
    @ Stanford 2019

L O L at counting wins against UCLA as punching upward.

2017 Oregon and 2018 Stanford as well.

So in real life. Pete has 2015 USC and.... that’s about it.

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

I was going to mention him, but he hardly plays.
    He sees the field more than he should
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479
    Canadawg said:

digits said:

Canadawg said:

History, tradition, bowl games, home-and-home series...
    digits said:

Canadawg said:

digits said:

Canadawg said:

History, tradition, bowl games, home-and-home series...
    Wow. That's exactly my point well done