Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon vs Washton is the SEC Game of the Week

Oregon plays defense. So does Washington. More inconsistently than in the recent past, but still.

Oregon's defense has been rolling of late, and is getting all sorts of national accolades. #1 Red Zone defense in the land.

Once a conference that was known for it's killer D, The SEC plays swiss cheese defense in 2019. The SEC's top two teams, Bammer and le Tigres of LSU, each gave up 28 points last week. Bammer wasn't even playing a good team. And it's not like Florida has a high flying offense.

Oregon has given up 25 points in its last 5 games combined.

Oregon's defense is more SEC than the SEC.

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,399 Swaye's Wigwam
    No the SEC has a very good offence now not bad defense. Its like you dont even watch ESPN
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2019
    If you are the #1 team and you let Texas A & M score 28 points on you, you don't have a good defense. HTH. The PAC 12 and SEC have undergone a polar shift. The SEC is all about offense now. The PAC 12 has locked down the defense.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    Just an excuse for you to use the sentence "Oregon has given up 25 points in its last 5 games combined."
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Beating cupcakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing to cupcakes. lololol

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2019
    Trolling thread, trolling poster.

But I’ll oblige.

I wouldn’t skeet yourself just yet here all over Oregon.

Agreed Oregon defense has come a ways and I believe Cristoballz is determined to see more “SEC” style football there at Oregon, I believe I’ve said this before about Oregon on this board. He also spent time this past summer On a couple of SEC school’s practice fields and brought his entire coaching staff with him, as well as asst coached at Bama for a time. He’s doing well so far and even snared the top Dline recruit in the country this past year.

Also agreed that SEC defenses this year are not quite as strong as past years ....but the offenses are better, which has contributed some to the defenses not looking as strong.

Winners this year for defense so far is the BIG 10 BTW....But the SEC ain’t goin nowhere.

And as far as Oregon’s defense is more SEC than the SEC, I believe Oregon played one of those teams and was held to less points than the SEC team on that night.

So cool yer jets turbo. Cristolbals has experience in the SEC, introducing his staff to SEC country, coaches, practices and players and obviously striving to develop Oregon in a SEC style football model. Recent History says it hasn’t been a bad model. So we will see.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    SECDAWG said:

Trolling thread, trolling poster.

But I’ll oblige.

I wouldn’t skeet yourself just yet here all over Oregon.

Agreed Oregon defense has come a ways and I believe Cristoballz is determined to see more “SEC” style football there at Oregon, I believe I’ve said this before about Oregon on this board. He also spent time this past summer On a couple of SEC school’s practice fields and brought his entire coaching staff with him, as well as asst coached at Bama for a time. He’s doing well so far and even snared the top Dline recruit in the country this past year.

Also agreed that SEC defenses this year are not quite as strong as past years ....but the offenses are better, which has contributed some to the defenses not looking as strong.

Winners this year for defense so far is the BIG 10 BTW....But the SEC ain’t goin nowhere.

And as far as Oregon’s defense is more SEC than the SEC, I believe Oregon played one of those teams and was held to less points than the SEC team on that night.

So cool yer jets turbo. Cristolbals has experience in the SEC, introducing his staff to SEC country, coaches, practices and players and obviously striving to develop Oregon in a SEC style football model. Recent History says it hasn’t been a bad model. So we will see.
    agree - except I would change "snared" to "bought"
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

Oregon plays defense. So does Washington. More inconsistently than in the recent past, but still.

Oregon's defense has been rolling of late, and is getting all sorts of national accolades. #1 Red Zone defense in the land.

Once a conference that was known for it's killer D, The SEC plays swiss cheese defense in 2019. The SEC's top two teams, Bammer and le Tigres of LSU, each gave up 28 points last week. Bammer wasn't even playing a good team. And it's not like Florida has a high flying offense.

Oregon has given up 25 points in its last 5 games combined.

Oregon's defense is more SEC than the SEC.

I am someone who wants the Pac 12 to be good and return to (very old) form. That said, LSU or Bama would light any team in this conference the fuck up.