Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed vs Arizona gifs Chopping feet and missing holes edition

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The O line is still massively over rated

What holes?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

What holes?

Fucking this
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Ahmed is trying to be patient, find holes and wait for holes to open. That's what playing for Juanita vs O'Dea did to him.

He is improving at locating holes, but is not yet dynamic enough to see them opening up and blast through before the defense has already squeezed down on him.

What he isn't doing very well is identifying creases or the pursuit, and he's missing BIG cutback opportunities to change direction and go against the grain for big yards. Watching his tape, you see him pressing and forcing himself to wedge between his blockers on plays where he'd be better off going outside or reversing direction. If he can improve on that stuff at all, his runs will flow a lot better with the offense and his current 2 or 3 yard efforts will become 6 or 7. The OL also plays a big part in this, and could do a better job of identifying soft spots or mismatches Ahmed could exploit.

Bottom line is that the kid's a tremendous athlete, but not yet a great, all-around RB. But he could become one, because he continues to improve.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    But I heard he’s better than Gaskin
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Its Browning Syndrome...Out thinking himself...In this case the young man has talent though, not just try hard...

I do think that’s part of it. He makes the wrong decision a lot. He doesn’t have a feel in traffic. Every now and then he looks really good. The Apple Cup last year and USC come into mind. It’s not consistent. In space, he’s pretty good although he’s not really elusive at all. He’s just fast.

Ahmed is a Dwayne Washington or Louis Rankin. He’s better than Dwayne Washington, but there are similarities. His stats are good, he’s fast and can break them which makes him valuable, but you can’t count on him to consistently get yards.

I’m not going to crown McGrew yet. We need both guys. Whoever is hot needs to get the bulk of the carries.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Houhusky said:

That could have been such a huge gain. So irritating.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

It would be irritating if it mattered. The game was over by that point.
  • Options

I won't even dignify that slanderous comment with a response.

Other than How Fucking Dare You? That's MMFG you're shitting on!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

Worst Thing that happened to him was when he stopped his feet and still busted that 89 yard touchdown against USC. Now he thinks he can do it every time

He's not the only one

Like the Oregon State game?

Anyone remember that. I see a bit of a resemblance.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ahmed mainly needs better down and distance awareness. Several of those runs were from a couple of yards short of the first down line and called for slamming into whatever crease showed first. Move the fucking chains.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

What holes?

This
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

All i see is Hilbers getting whipped by an Arizona linebacker lol
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Salvon has great qualities, but you know the staff is slapping their foreheads when they see runs like that. That is 6 points taken off the board. Not a big deal considering the circumstances. But yeah, the guy has clear limitations that undercut what could be really elite, elite performance.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is more gifted than Gaskin but obviously he's not a running back.

It just shows you how superior our coaching staff is that they force him when other shorter, whiter backs are averaging 6 yards a carry against loaded boxes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    I'm sorry guys but just seeing McGrew is embarrassing

Imagine him playing on an sec team haha
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605

What holes?

Itd be easier for the OL to open the run game if Easton didn't run backwards Browning style.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2019

Its Browning Syndrome...Out thinking himself...In this case the young man has talent though, not just try hard...

I do think that’s part of it. He makes the wrong decision a lot. He doesn’t have a feel in traffic. Every now and then he looks really good. The Apple Cup last year and USC come into mind. It’s not consistent. In space, he’s pretty good although he’s not really elusive at all. He’s just fast.

Ahmed is a Dwayne Washington or Louis Rankin. He’s better than Dwayne Washington, but there are similarities. His stats are good, he’s fast and can break them which makes him valuable, but you can’t count on him to consistently get yards.

I’m not going to crown McGrew yet. We need both guys. Whoever is hot needs to get the bulk of the carries.
    I kinda started this whole thing by giving you? guys shit about how badly you'd? miss Gaskins. That led directly to "Ahmed is elite/we won't care" from none other than @Ballz . Which then led to the Ahmed Wars after @Ballz ' untimely demise. RIP. Ts & Ps.

Then @backthepack retard decided to carry the torch for his retarded mentor, @Ballz . Then, to my shock and dismay, he formed a rag tag army of minor retards behind him. They've lost the debate rather soundly. Every time McGrew or Newton get a carry, my victory is celebrated.

Hundreds and thousands of words and artillery have been fired in this debate. We've lost some good men. And all of that death and destruction, when all we ever needed were the words of roadie:

"He doesn't have a feel in traffic."

That's it mother fuckers. That. Is. It. And, well, he goes down if anyone so much as brushes up against his legs. But it's the feel in traffic that Gaskins had so much of that the terrorist lacks.

• Options

I kinda started this whole thing by giving you? guys shit about how badly you'd? miss Gaskins. That led directly to "Ahmed is elite/we won't care" from none other than @Ballz . Which then led to the Ahmed Wars after @Ballz ' untimely demise. RIP. Ts & Ps.

Then @backthepack retard decided to carry the torch for his retarded mentor, @Ballz . Then, to my shock and dismay, he formed a rag tag army of minor retards behind him. They've lost the debate rather soundly. Every time McGrew or Newton get a carry, my victory is celebrated.

Hundreds and thousands of words and artillery have been fired in this debate. We've lost some good men. And all of that death and destruction, when all we ever needed were the words of roadie:

"He doesn't have a feel in traffic."

That's it mother fuckers. That. Is. It. And, well, he goes down if anyone so much as brushes up against his legs. But it's the feel in traffic that Gaskins had so much of that the terrorist lacks.

"Go play in traffic" is what you say to someone you hate.

Why do you hate terrorists?