Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Micro morality

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,335
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
I’m pretty much a micro economics guy. Provide a citizen with freedom, liberty and the rule of law and protection of property and let him figure it out. Throw in some safety nets which doesn’t include a pile of free sh*t like universal income. This simple formula helped build the strongest economy and the free people of America. I’m also a pretty much micro military guy. I want to know what is expected of an American soldier in Syria. Providing protection for the Kurds for eternity doesn’t seem to be worth the life of my American soldier. The neocons are happy to make some sort of statement about having American soldiers be targets while encumbering them with rules of engagement which generally mean taking the first bullet and having missions approved by lawyers in DC which vote for gun confiscation at the polls. The Kurds want their own Kurdish state. The Iraqi Kurds are happy with their defacto state in Iraq and don’t appear to be using their territory for attacks on Turkey.
That isn’t true with the Syrian Kurds. They have a close relationship with the Turkish Kurds and want Turkey to give up their territory to the Kurds. That isn’t going to happen. The Turks are involved in Syria for the same reason that we got involved Afghanistan. The territory was being used to attack the US and Syrian territory is supporting attacks on Turkey. If the Syrian Kurds want to be left alone, they could give it up with messing with Turkey. Ask any leftard or neocon supporter of the Kurds what the end game is? An independent and westernized Kurdish democracy in the ME? Yeah, right. So, having American kids killed to support some neocon fantasy for eternity doesn’t have my support.
If we have troops there, I want to know who and how many they need to kill so they can go home. If you aren’t prepared to tell me that then phu*ck off. We still have troops in Germany and South Korea. At least they aren’t there being killed on a regular basis under some lame ass rules of engagement. Seems like both Germany, being first world countries with a sufficient population base, could replace the US troops. But that’s another story.
It’s true that Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil. It’s also a moral sh*t hole. If we were building nukes and fracking on US federal lands and building LNG export facilities we wouldn’t need Saudi oil. A few more strikes from Iran on Aramco facilities and world oil prices go to $100+ a barrel which our lying leftard friends would blame on Trump. So, some US soldiers in Saudi Arabia, like soldiers in Germany don’t bother me as long as they aren’t taking bullets for nothing.

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I’m pretty much a micro economics guy. Provide a citizen with freedom, liberty and the rule of law and protection of property and let him figure it out. Throw in some safety nets which doesn’t include a pile of free sh*t like universal income. This simple formula helped build the strongest economy and the free people of America. I’m also a pretty much micro military guy. I want to know what is expected of an American soldier in Syria. Providing protection for the Kurds for eternity doesn’t seem to be worth the life of my American soldier. The neocons are happy to make some sort of statement about having American soldiers be targets while encumbering them with rules of engagement which generally mean taking the first bullet and having missions approved by lawyers in DC which vote for gun confiscation at the polls. The Kurds want their own Kurdish state. The Iraqi Kurds are happy with their defacto state in Iraq and don’t appear to be using their territory for attacks on Turkey.
    That isn’t true with the Syrian Kurds. They have a close relationship with the Turkish Kurds and want Turkey to give up their territory to the Kurds. That isn’t going to happen. The Turks are involved in Syria for the same reason that we got involved Afghanistan. The territory was being used to attack the US and Syrian territory is supporting attacks on Turkey. If the Syrian Kurds want to be left alone, they could give it up with messing with Turkey. Ask any leftard or neocon supporter of the Kurds what the end game is? An independent and westernized Kurdish democracy in the ME? Yeah, right. So, having American kids killed to support some neocon fantasy for eternity doesn’t have my support.
    If we have troops there, I want to know who and how many they need to kill so they can go home. If you aren’t prepared to tell me that then phu*ck off. We still have troops in Germany and South Korea. At least they aren’t there being killed on a regular basis under some lame ass rules of engagement. Seems like both Germany, being first world countries with a sufficient population base, could replace the US troops. But that’s another story.
    It’s true that Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil. It’s also a moral sh*t hole. If we were building nukes and fracking on US federal lands and building LNG export facilities we wouldn’t need Saudi oil. A few more strikes from Iran on Aramco facilities and world oil prices go to $100+ a barrel which our lying leftard friends would blame on Trump. So, some US soldiers in Saudi Arabia, like soldiers in Germany don’t bother me as long as they aren’t taking bullets for nothing.

Wtf?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,477
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You're pretty micro in all respects.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Cool story bro.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,477
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wtf?
    HHusky said:

You're pretty micro in all respects.
    2001400ex said:

Cool story bro.

Everyone drink!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HondoBros chime in with hard hitting analysis and arguments right on cue.

They obviously agree with everything said and really can’t refute it, so they just throw some shit and call it a day. Same as it ever is for was.

Now that's spot on analysis if I've ever seen it.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

They obviously agree with everything said and really can’t refute it, so they just throw some shit and call it a day. Same as it ever is for was.

I agree with it. Nothing to add. You are either too stupid to understand it, agree with it, or disagree with it but can’t articulate an argument. My guess is the later.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I agree with it. Nothing to add. You are either too stupid to understand it, agree with it, or disagree with it but can’t articulate an argument. My guess is the later.
    Lenny’s 1000 words of sanctimonious third grade level gibberish really makes you think.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Lenny’s 1000 words of sanctimonious third grade level gibberish really makes you think.
    I’m not surprised you couldn’t comprehend it.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

What was there to comprehend? It was simplistic and self righteous stupidity. No wonder you like it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

What was there to comprehend? It was simplistic and self righteous stupidity. No wonder you like it.
    So no argument. Got it.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Please to be finding the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.

TIA

Otherwise, agree.