Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sirmon and Tafisi

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
Remind me of Constantine and Lawyer when they rotated at ILB in 2015. You know the opponent is marching down the field when they are in.

I’ve already given up on Sirmon. I see no tools that could make him an impact player in the future.

Tafisi can at least hit. Maybe if he gets quicker he can be an above average LB.

TL,DR: Our young back up ILB’s are quite a bit worse than Manu and Wellington.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited October 2019
    They are same level bad as Manu or Wellington, so let’s invest in them and hope at least one of them is decent next year.

Manu and Wellington are not getting better. Fuck them and make them ride the bench
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Sirmon can be a reserve fullback to try catch a one-yard pass once in awhile?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

Our best hope at ILB will be Hemuli and Calvert assuming they can get it together an stay healthy. Next year might be worse

Those two and Ah You. Hopefully one of the guys currently playing can improve enough to at least be serviceable. Maybe Ngata as well. We are actually better on the edge now, especially with Smalls coming in.

It blows my mind that Ulefosio isn’t better Thant he two playing. He might be a guy that can run and hit, but can’t change direction and grasp defensive concepts.
    Seriously where has Edy been? Ive seen enough on everyone else.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Y'all are forgetting about the Nigerian Nightmare ....Olufshubungholio. I heard he's killing folks on the field on KR.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Baseman said:

Remind me of Constantine and Lawyer when they rotated at ILB in 2015. You know the opponent is marching down the field when they are in.

I’ve already given up on Sirmon. I see no tools that could make him an impact player in the future.

Tafisi can at least hit. Maybe if he gets quicker he can be an above average LB.

TL,DR: Our young back up ILB’s are quite a bit worse than Manu and Wellington.

I agree with your first three paragraphs.

Part of Wellington's problem is playing next to Manu. Wellington gets locked up when the opponent runs to his side. Manu is supposed slide over and fill. He's doesn't. I think Manu had one tackle against Stanford. Inexcusable.

Then, Manu can't get into his drop zone on passing downs putting more pressure on the nickel and the underneath safety. It showed Saturday. Stanford killed us in the middle of the field. Because Manu sucks,

A 2-4-5 defense needs LBs capable of covering sideline to sideline. BBK and a healthy Azeem regularly generated double digit tackle totals. Keyshawn Beieria usually had tackles in the high single digits. It's no surprise the defense was at its best with Azeem and Bierria on the field at the same time. Manu made 1 tackle

I'd start Tafisi at MIK and pair him with Wellington. Tafisi can take on a block better than Wellington whose athleticism is better served filling in behind.

This team can't win consistently keeping Bob Gregory. In 5 years BBK was the only ILB Gregory signed worth a shit. Pure luck on Gregory's part. Contending teams don't win recruiting 6 foot 200lb HS LBs.

Two sources close to the team told me Malloe, Kwiat, and Pete closed last year's LB class. All three of them held Gregory's hand getting Heimuli. Malloe ran point on the other Polys. The same two sources, I mentioned told me Calvert eliminated UW early on. Calvert's dad called UW later and asked if UW still had interest in his son after USC dicked Josh around.

This is shit you'd expect from Tyrone and Sark, not from Pete in year six.
    @PostGameOrangeSlices eat shit
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Timu was awful as a freshman too, he turned out to be pretty decent. The issue is that LB recruiting was awful for the first 5/6 years, now players who aren't ready have to play. If Tafisi and Sirmon look this bad next year then I will be worried about them.

True. Timu was fucking horrible as a freshman. I was happy he got hurt and Kearse’s little brother got to play instead.
    John Timu was a 189 pound high school quarterback and safety who suffered a season ending knee injury his senior season and yet somehow found himself starting at linebacker at UW as a freshman. That's not his fault.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I think you're giving up on Sirmon a little too soon. He is a RFR. Lots of time to improve. In a perfect world he probably wouldn't have played until next season but it is what it is.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Timu was awful as a freshman too, he turned out to be pretty decent. The issue is that LB recruiting was awful for the first 5/6 years, now players who aren't ready have to play. If Tafisi and Sirmon look this bad next year then I will be worried about them.

True. Timu was fucking horrible as a freshman. I was happy he got hurt and Kearse’s little brother got to play instead.
    John Timu was a 189 pound high school quarterback and safety who suffered a season ending knee injury his senior season and yet somehow found himself starting at linebacker at UW as a freshman. That's not his fault.
    He had a grey shirt and was much bigger by the time he enrolled at UW. Agree he shouldn’t have been starting. He was still bad.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

He had a grey shirt and was much bigger by the time he enrolled at UW. Agree he shouldn’t have been starting. He was still bad.
    I'd take Timu over Manu