Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

They actually played the game

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

In 1916, Georgia Tech bested Cumberland, 222-0. In one game. Imagine having an offense that can score that many points in a season.

Georgia Tech held Cumberland to -28 yards of total offense and forced 15 turnovers, 9 on lost fumbles and six interceptions.

No bitching from ESPN and opposing fans like OBK for Georgia Tech scheduling a patsy. Oh yeah, Race was there and approved.

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Cumberland had dropped football but John Heisman was so set on revenge for a Cumberland win in baseball that he threatened them with a huge penalty if they didn't honor the game. Cumberland scraped up some students and played the game

Did the coaches shake hands after the game?
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,473
    Baseman said:

Cumberland had dropped football but John Heisman was so set on revenge for a Cumberland win in baseball that he threatened them with a huge penalty if they didn't honor the game. Cumberland scraped up some students and played the game

Did the coaches shake hands after the game?
    Probably went a lil' something like this:

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's worth noting that, around that time, the Allied forces tried to pass the Dardanelles as part of the Gallipoli offensive. But it was hard and the Allies got mowed down by Ottoman machine gun fire.

Makes me wonder if our linemen are stronger than Turks with machine guns
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    "Georgia Tech led 63–0 after the first quarter and 126–0 at halftime. Georgia Tech added 54 more points in the third quarter and 42 in the final period.[2][3] Several players on the heavily-outmatched Cumberland side suffered serious injuries during the game, including quarterback Edwards, who was thrice carted off with concussions."

Back when men were men...

Seriously though, if they had only gone with the Louisana Cougar kneel down special, they could have kept it under 200 you'd think.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    By the way the reason the story was fresh in my mind is because I am watching the History of SEC Football, an ESPN production, that the stupid fucking losers at the Pac 12 network wouldn't think of in a thousand years

7 parts so far and I've watched the first two.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

By the way the reason the story was fresh in my mind is because I am watching the History of SEC Football, an ESPN production, that the stupid fucking losers at the Pac 12 network wouldn't think of in a thousand years

7 parts so far and I've watched the first two.

Its really good.