Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Things I want to see from Petersen

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Now that he's on board, it's time to get to work. Here's the things I need to see before the season starts in order to continue to beat for Pete.

1. Hire a good staff - Goes without saying. I'm in the camp that you don't fire assistants to save a head coach. OTOH, one of the attributes of a great coach is the ability to choose and attract good assistants. We've never seen Petersen have to assemble a brand new staff. I'm pretty confident he can do it and do it well, but if he fills the staff with a bunch of Holt/Nansen types that's going to be a big red flag. I'm not concerned about the specifics of who he hires, more concerned about the specifics of who he doesn't hire, if that makes sense. IOW, I'm not going to freak out about losing Tosh or Wilcox or anyone else who may end up leaving, as long as he hires competent coaches in their place.

2. Lose the press conference - Nothing will confirm for me this is a great hire more than being impatient and annoyed at the presser. I want a coach who would rather be pulling an all nighter in his office than making love to the cameras.

3. Fix the motherfucking fence - It's time. I'm not super concerned about this first recruiting class in general, but I'd like to see signs that he can recruit in state.

4. Burn the white helmets.

Do the first three and I'll continue to beat. Nail all four and I'll heart you forever.

Edited to add #5 for Race

5. Win a championship - ultimately, this one's all that matters. But we're talking offseason natties here.

Comments