Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Running a trick play in the 4th instead of playing power ball

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Inferiority complex.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    Meek said:

AEB said:

Inferiority complex.

That's really at the heart of it. Pete needs to look in the mirror and realize he's no longer having sand kicked in his face by the playground bully. Pete is now 6'5" 230 pounds and trained in Krav Maga -- but he doesn't seem to realize it.
    I think that's the correct answer 50% of the time (red zone), but in this case I think Pete is at this weird place where he think he needs to prove to the pollsters (national media) he can pull away from teams at will by showing extra dimensions that (he thinks) nobody will suspect is coming. I could be wrong and it's all inferiority complex, but my thought is he's just trying to state that this team is not one or even two dimensional but that they are deep when they want to be... my thing is that gimmicks just aren't worth the risk when you're in the lead.
    That's probably a better explanation than mine.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Swaye said:

Meek said:

AEB said:

Inferiority complex.

That's really at the heart of it. Pete needs to look in the mirror and realize he's no longer having sand kicked in his face by the playground bully. Pete is now 6'5" 230 pounds and trained in Krav Maga -- but he doesn't seem to realize it.
    I think that's the correct answer 50% of the time (red zone), but in this case I think Pete is at this weird place where he think he needs to prove to the pollsters (national media) he can pull away from teams at will by showing extra dimensions that (he thinks) nobody will suspect is coming. I could be wrong and it's all inferiority complex, but my thought is he's just trying to state that this team is not one or even two dimensional but that they are deep when they want to be... my thing is that gimmicks just aren't worth the risk when you're in the lead.
    I think it's both. True abundance. Half shrivel dick and half "smartest guy in the room."

Whatever the reason, it's infuriating as a fan, and has to be depressing for the players. Those kids have played enough football to know when you are up 14 in the 4th and have the ball at the 50 you don't get cutesy. You play power football, impose your will, and burn clock. Not fag ball.
    I don't think it's as infuriating for the players, actually. I suspect if you were on the sidelines and your name was Puka or Ozzie you would be salivating to be in the position that Fuller and Opera Singer get put in...you'd be thinking "fuck...I can totally make that play without dropping it...I can totally make that (a different) play on the bubble screen and shake the first tackle and get the first down/positive yards...I could totally make something out of that punt return opportunity...etc, etc, etc..." I expect (hope, truthfully) that the playcalling is actually okay and that it's simply that we've invested far too much money in WeWork and Theranos while not realizing we have also have 1985 Microsoft and 2002 Google in the portfolio just waiting to get on the field.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    More disturbing was Hamdumb’s response on the post game show. He acted like it was a fantastic call and the Huskies will always “remain aggressive”
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

More disturbing was Hamdumb’s response on the post game show. He acted like it was a fantastic call and the Huskies will always “remain aggressive”

This. It's one thing to call some dumbshit play in the heat of the moment. It's more concerning to still think said dumbshit play was good after you fumblefucked it away and an hour later when rational football thought should have had time to process how fucking stupid it was.

Hamdan is a dumbshit. Results are in.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Go back even more. The 2 point call was incorrect as if you kick it, you go up 20 and the only thing that beats you is 3 td's. Chico doesn't get in and SC in theory can tie it with 2 td's plus the 2 point conversions and a FG. Both highly unlikely but still.

Then go for the pooch kick right after (yes it almost worked) where if you don't, they get the ball on the 35. Hell if your afraid Horn can't kick it out of end zone, which he struggled with yesterday kick it out of bounds.

Both plays are fs as you give SC chance to break momentum we had going. Risk simply not worth the reward.

The play at the 50 with 10 minutes left up two scores is so incorrect based on the game situation it's comical except it's not. Simply Take three knees and punt, SC is going to have 8 minutes left to score 2 td's and have to go minimum 80 yards to do it. They way Whitford and Kyle Gordon were going it's probably 90.

If you somehow can get one first down, there's 6 minutes left. Two and it's over.

Sadly, between Pete's game clock issues and these bizzarro/cutesy play calls that started year 1 game 4 versus Stanford at home (anyone remember the 4th 19 fake punt to Shaq where Stanford is yelling fake fake fake) I am to the point of just building them into the outcome of close games and expect them from us.

I had forgotten this but thanks for bringing the pain back. Pete gets cutesy at the dumbest times. It's a habit at this point. Part of the DNA he's developed. Shrivel dick and do dumb shit.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't take the Boise State out of the coach.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

HuskyJW said:

This. It's one thing to call some dumbshit play in the heat of the moment. It's more concerning to still think said dumbshit play was good after you fumblefucked it away and an hour later when rational football thought should have had time to process how fucking stupid it was.

Hamdan is a dumbshit. Results are in.
    Yep. Hell we all make mistakes but I was really looking for a mea kulpa There. At least then you know he learn from his mistake but now you have to wonder if he would do it again.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    I didn’t mind the pooch kick.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Swaye said:

Meek said:

AEB said:

Inferiority complex.

Half shrivel dick and half "smartest guy in the room.".
    These 2 things go together more than 81% of the time.

Just sayin!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    godawgst said:

Go back even more. The 2 point call was incorrect as if you kick it, you go up 20 and the only thing that beats you is 3 td's. Chico doesn't get in and SC in theory can tie it with 2 td's plus the 2 point conversions and a FG. Both highly unlikely but still.

Then go for the pooch kick right after (yes it almost worked) where if you don't, they get the ball on the 35. Hell if your afraid Horn can't kick it out of end zone, which he struggled with yesterday kick it out of bounds.

Both plays are fs as you give SC chance to break momentum we had going. Risk simply not worth the reward.

The play at the 50 with 10 minutes left up two scores is so incorrect based on the game situation it's comical except it's not. Simply Take three knees and punt, SC is going to have 8 minutes left to score 2 td's and have to go minimum 80 yards to do it. They way Whitford and Kyle Gordon were going it's probably 90.

If you somehow can get one first down, there's 6 minutes left. Two and it's over.

Sadly, between Pete's game clock issues and these bizzarro/cutesy play calls that started year 1 game 4 versus Stanford at home (anyone remember the 4th 19 fake punt to Shaq where Stanford is yelling fake fake fake) I am to the point of just building them into the outcome of close games and expect them from us.

the difference between the Chico shovel trick for 2 points vis-a-vis the double reverse fumble is that we continue to give Fuller too many opportunities for difficult plays and he can't handle most of them reliably.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Who were the guys that would always say "MyBush" ?