Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DUCKFIGHTER ILLUSTRATED: FREE CONDOMS AT THE STADIUM SATURDAY

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
IT'S USC WEEK

WE BEAT BYU

USC DID NOT

WSU AND UCLA PLAY A DEFENSIVE CLASSIC

USC COMES TO TOWN

College football has changed over the years with the one constant being change. The shit of power to the South and Southeast has left the former legends of the fall in the Pac 8 and Big 10 on the outside looking in. Winning the conference and playing in the Rose Bowl was all that mattered and if you did it undefeated you won the National Championship. Almost from birth the USC game has been the one circled on the calendar for this Husky fan. My folks had Rose Bowl cocktail tumblers with the 1959 season results on the side. There was one loss. To USC. That Husky team beat Wisconsin 44-8 and invented West Coast football.

I had a press book from the 1961 Rose Bowl that my parents attended with the 1960 results. A 34-0 win over USC and new coach John McKay stood out. That team won the National Championship.

The 1963 Huskies lost 4 games but beat USC 22-7 to get the third and last Rose Bowl of the Jim Owens era.

McKay ripped off 10 in a row with 4 national titles as they dominated college football for a decade. This is the USC that your fathers and grandfathers remember. Washington wasn't even competitive. Even Sonny Sixkiller was 0 for 3.

Don James came to town in 1975 and John McKay announced that he would be leaving for Tampa Bay. McKay didn't make bumpus for a salary. He would be in Nick Saban territory today. A packed Husky Stadium saw the James Gang win 8-7 as Spider Gaines blocked 7 field goals. The crowd serenaded McKay as the game ended. Hilarity all around. This was the beginning of the Golden Era of Husky v Trojan football.

Your humble correspondent was in LA for the 1981 Rose Bowl which USC was ineligible for, but UW had beat them anyway. As I sat in a South Central living room doing a drug deal everything was fine until one fine young man said UW was only in the Rose Bowl because USC was on probation. That's when things got tense.

The 1990 All I Saw Was Purple game will live in Husky lore forever. USC had been to three straight Rose Bowls and we spent the last half of the 80's wanting to fire Don James. The place was lit like never before or since. Stan Emptermann killed Todd Marinovich. Third choice Mark Brunell ran the Husky offense.

Since that day the BCS, the CFP, the FBI, the NCAA, and the IRS cracked down and changed college football to where we are today which means we get to play Utah every year and only occasionally see USC in Seattle. Too bad

UW 31, USC 0

UCLA holds on to big lead to beat the Cuogs

The Fighting Chipsters of UCLA were able to wrest a hard fought win over WSU in a defensive struggle for the ages 67-63. Your humble correspondent passed out at 56-53 or so secure in the knowledge that this would end up a Coog It of epic proportions. WSU had a tight and tense 49-17 lead midway through the third quarter and could not hold on against the mighty Bruin offense that was averaging 14 points a game coming into Pullman.

Anthony Gordon threw 9 touchdown passes. What more did you want from him?

UTAH 67, WSU 63

AROUND THE NATION

ASU hosts Cal tonight and Even Weaver has promised another win for the Golden Bears...Alabama plays a depleted Mississippi team that had to stop paying players leaving them at a big disadvantage in the SEC SEC SEC...The ACC sucks this year folks...The B1G sucks this year folks...the Big Almost 12 sucks this year folks....Everybody sucks which is why college football remains Man's Greatest Sport!

Skinny

Comments