Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I really like (liked?) @AIRWOLF SitRep poasts, but this rando poaster's stuff is the best thing there, imo.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If Dennis was still alive, he'd be trying to run Squints ass for this:
    I was pretty down on our WRs especially after the Cal game. and then Hawaii wasn't much better, especially Baccellia. But tbf to them, they showed up for the most part against BYU. Some guys on twitter seemed to double down on being mad at them and Pete. But having guys respond is the type of thing you hope for. Film watching naturally highlight the negatives, and game planning is all about mitigating those negatives. From experience, this can get draining as a coach, constantly being focused on the negatives.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

If Dennis was still alive, he'd be trying to run Squints ass for this:

I was pretty down on our WRs especially after the Cal game. and then Hawaii wasn't much better, especially Baccellia. But tbf to them, they showed up for the most part against BYU. Some guys on twitter seemed to double down on being mad at them and Pete. But having guys respond is the type of thing you hope for. Film watching naturally highlight the negatives, and game planning is all about mitigating those negatives. From experience, this can get draining as a coach, constantly being focused on the negatives.
    He wont be writing there next week
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tbf this concept was talked here by several posters after Hawaii...

I specifically remember people talking about moving potato back “outside” as the hand down edge and I made a post about moving Taylor down and inside (specifically to help with the run and shoot) to add more size and athleticism over the top of potato in the 2nd level occupied by the struggling LBs.

IMO The scheme can still work fine against USC, just needs some tweaks.

Potato should always be strong side DE (tight or otherwise) he will reliably keep things clean enough for the nickel/striker/dime on his side on on any run.

Taylor should be over the top and slightly outside of potato with responsibilities of the TE, Slot, or lateral flat depending on the defense/offense called. Potato will keep him relatively clean against the run.

When tryon is in as WDE/OLB he needs help against the run. I think Latu is athletic enough to play standup LB behind Tryon and would provide some much needed help to tryon against the run when he is in.

Right now, when Tryon (or bowman or Rice) is in and the edge collapses against a run we end up with midgets Bryant or molden on the outside getting destroyed with Wellington clumsily chasing the play. Weakside short yardage Tryon needs help. Latu = the answer.