Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Still pissed after the win.

1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
It takes a special kind of asshole to bitch about the refs after a 26 point (or whatever) win, but my mom told me I'm special.

Everybody hates Taylor after this game, but he actually played well. Neither of his PIs were even in the universe of PI ("illegal happening to be in the way of a receiver when a wounded duck hits the ground near nobody"), and he was generally playing close coverage, forcing overthrows. Harris gets called for a hold, doing the EXACT same thing that BYU's tackles were doing on like half of their passing plays--never called.

Mostly, though, I'm still pissed about the targeting. Not only did that extend a drive when BYU was looking pretty shellshocked, but it cost the Dwags perhaps their best pass rusher for half of a game against a team that does nothing but pass. Say what you will about Tryon so far this season, but watching USC against Utah, this is a game that is tailor-made for that guy.

What's the fucking point of an offsite review if they're going to get it THAT horribly and obviously wrong? When every single commentator in the box spends five minutes saying, "Great hit, no way that's targeting," and then it's targeting? Ya done fucked up.

I can handle the BS PI calls after a win like that, but the targeting call is sticking in my craw still.

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Wow. You really thought Taylor played well? I thought he was the standout weakest of the 6 or 7 DB's we played. I guess all opinions are valid though.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Wow. You really thought Taylor played well? I thought he was the standout weakest of the 6 or 7 DB's we played. I guess all opinions are valid though.

I saw him running hip to hip down the sideline with receivers several times, forcing overthrows. I saw two PIs that were bullshit. I saw him accidentally hand BYU a touchdown on a freak play where he was in perfect position. That pretty much sums up what I remember of his game. Maybe there were awful plays that got lost in the shuffle of my buzz.

I also watched the game second half first, first half second, so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Taylor always in the right place to watch the receiver catch the ball, or the classic looking up confused. I know it isn't ez but the DB's before him have made it look ez.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited September 2019

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that McDuffie looks really good. As in best corner already good.

He's okay. Taylor that is . I find it amazing that there's talk of him going pro. We better pressure Fink this week or he's gonna have a tough day against quality SC receivers.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,806 Founders Club

We should tee off on Fink that motherfucker throws wounded ducks

That's what I thought as well. Our DBs better get their ball skills honed this week as about half of Finks throws are looping 50/50 balls to pretty elite WRs. It could be a frustrating afternoon if those Brownsoxian passes are plucked out of the air over and over by Pittman, Vaughns etc. I hope the refs let us play ball next week because we will need to hand fight the shit out of those guys. If they call it tight we are in big trouble.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's really hard to evaluate corners watching games on TV. Taylor always grades out really high and is a early draft entry candidate because of that (plus 6'3"), not because we see him miss a pick or pass break up chance once in a while.

Gordon will be fine. Better than fine. Watch him later in the season.

I noticed yesterday that Molden and McDuffie, not two of our bigger corners, are impressively strong. Both were able to arg doll BYU receivers even when not perfectly squared up.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

We should tee off on Fink that motherfucker throws wounded ducks

That's what I thought as well. Our DBs better get their ball skills honed this week as about half of Finks throws are looping 50/50 balls to pretty elite WRs. It could be a frustrating afternoon if those Brownsoxian passes are plucked out of the air over and over by Pittman, Vaughns etc. I hope the refs let us play ball next week because we will need to hand fight the shit out of those guys. If they call it tight we are in big trouble.
    *wefs.