Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I remember BBK playing at ILB as a frosh. Why not Daniel Heimuli?

Of all of our recruits coming in I was perhaps most excited about Daniel Heimuli. His HS tape reminded me of BBK's... a little undersized but super athletic, crazy instincts, punishing hitter.

Kyler Manu is hard to watch out there.

He can't blitz. He's slow. He gets swallowed up all the time. He's bad at plugging holes. He not very athletic. He's kind of just a body in the field that at its best gets in the way?

I've heard Heimuli needs to "hit the weight room." But when you're this athletic and dish out this much punishment and our ILB is horridly weak... how do you not get a chance to play?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mV_n0hDDk

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    I don't care what the level of talent he was facing there, it shows he has elite athleticism and explosiveness, and that he seems to have good football IQ. It makes me hope he's a little dinged up, because the alternative is the coaches are being FS.
    dnc said:

Maybe because they realize what a waste it was to play BBK as a true frosh?

As I posted elsewhere, BBKs freshman year was better than Wellington's is shaping up to be.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    He's undersized and has already been hurt, he's nowhere near ready to see the field. Expecting anything more than four games out of him is unrealistic.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    dnc said:

Eh I don't think it was. He played well as a backup. And our linebackers were straight studs when BBK was a frosh.

This team is in a weird spot... lots of youth on D that need to grow together and I think Manu out there is a waste when Heimuli could be getting valuable time at a position where we're weak.

He's undersized and has already been hurt, he's nowhere near ready to see the field. Expecting anything more than four games out of him is unrealistic.

Is it known that he's been hurt? I've never read that or seen any indication of it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Emoterman said:

dnc said:

As I posted elsewhere, BBKs freshman year was better than Wellington's is shaping up to be.
    Wellington is fast and can be active. He just doesn’t have great instincts. He also isn’t a sure tackler like BBK. He might have got dragged a few times, but he brought guys down.
    I am eating my humble pie and missing BBK. I love how BYE went after Manu and Wellington because those idiots don’t understand what depth they need to play
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    I'm fairly confident Calvert would have been playing by now, but I agree about heimuli... We can't get much worse at LB