Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How painfully obvious is it....

2»

Comments

• gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    Hahahaha. I love this.

Everyone claiming they knew Eason had the job locked up. JFC you bguys are worse than Kent Grizwald.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

That the whole "QB battle" in fall camp was such a megalomaniac, coaching power-move that made no fucking sense?

Hey 421, haener had the same gunslinger arm, paid his dues and could run this offense, sans the one time you ignorant fucks gif to death. Prior to that game he carved up a defense a 4 year starter couldnt.

Of course Pete was strategic in keeping Haener here. How fucking retarded are you? (421 says it all). If Eason gets hurt UW is fucked, 4 losses or more. Chins 4 this shit? U guys, most all are equally retared. Haener is a legit qb at this level. None of you toyds understand that.
  • Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    Alexis said:

Imagine complaining about this

The shitty senior receivers hold on to the ball in the Cal game if they ONLY catch Eason balls for 8 months. We win. 4-0. Top 10 .....Imagine
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Houhusky said:

Most of us knew that Eason had this shit locked up in the spring. Vorel and Caple felt the same way. Pup and useless car detailers like Gee Scott were #teamhaener. Say no more.

I didn’t even believe Haener had a shot after DDY and Sonics said they wouldn’t be surprised if he started. And I have zero point zero sources.
    If Haener did actually have a shot (he didnt) he is one of the dumbest mother fuckers of all time for leaving, sitting for a year behind Eason doesnt hurt him at all.

After Eason goes in the 1st or 2nd round, its basically his job and everyone returns on the offense except for the sucky WRs... He would be the automatic starting QB, one who barely got beat out by a future NFL QB, for a good team with a good offense that just sent a QB to the NFL... Instead he will go and sit at fresno state and then do nothing and never get looked at again.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Most of us knew that Eason had this shit locked up in the spring. Vorel and Caple felt the same way. Pup and useless car detailers like Gee Scott were #teamhaener. Say no more.

I didn’t even believe Haener had a shot after DDY and Sonics said they wouldn’t be surprised if he started. And I have zero point zero sources.
    If Haener did actually have a shot (he didnt) he is one of the dumbest mother fuckers of all time for leaving, sitting for a year behind Eason doesnt hurt him at all.

After Eason goes in the 1st or 2nd round, its basically his job and everyone returns on the offense except for the sucky WRs... He would be the automatic starting QB, one who barely got beat out by a future NFL QB, for a good team with a good offense that just sent a QB to the NFL... Instead he will go and sit at fresno state and then do nothing and never get looked at again.
    This has always been why it was stupid of him to leave. He could have been a back up on a team with PAC 12 title aspirations. He’s not guaranteed to start at Fresno State either. It wasn’t a bad situation for him at UW.
    Fresno's QB recruit this year is higher rated than Haener coming out of HS. There's a good chance he never plays
    Good.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Too much is made of it. It didn’t need to happen but Petersen probably thought he was protecting Eason and to Pete, unnecessary hype.

Pete was clearly trying to throw the national media off the scent of Eason so that Eason might stay hidden up here in the Northwest long enough that he would probably come back again next year. The fact that Todd McShay covered this game didn't bode well...he basically looked sounded like a guy who had known Eason's name but was now completely aware of this season being the Jacob Eason Goodbye Tour.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

That the whole "QB battle" in fall camp was such a megalomaniac, coaching power-move that made no fucking sense?

Yet everyone here bought it.

Fags.
    Worse. Haener bought it.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    FirePete said:

Sirmon should have gotten the reps

Hey! Captain Fucking Obvious. How have you been?

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    HHBruh said:

FirePete said:

Sirmon should have gotten the reps

Hey! Captain Fucking Obvious. How have you been?

Huh?.......nothing changed with me
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Thought experiment: Could Pete’s preseason “QB battle” contrivance be explained as recognition that Skinny is a generational, one-and-done talent? An elaborate effort to begin grooming an eventual successor (if, perhaps, the wrong one)? With a side of don’t-let-it-go-to-Skinny’s-head?
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    I figured it was an attempt to keep haener from transferring so that he'd be available next season after Eason goes pro.

Didn't pan out very well