Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I miss BBK

2»

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

Bbk drastically improved. Failing to recognize that he improved is dumb, not having criticized him originally.

He was better than Bierria and Victor his junior year. But still.
    Positionally speaking, probably true. He was usually in the right position to make a tackle, but there was a reason he got nicknamed “The Jockey”. He got dragged like crazy until he bulked up before his Sr year.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    We do miss BBK. But in order of who we miss he's last IMO. Gaines, Rapp, Murphy, BBK. There it is.

Hell, I miss Jalen Johnson.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We do miss BBK. But in order of who we miss he's last IMO. Gaines, Rapp, Murphy, BBK. There it is.

Safety hasn’t been a noticeable problem. (Yet)

Not having a dominate shutdown CB is so jarring. It’s been so long.

IMO in order of most missed; Murphy, BBK, Gaines, Rapp
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Its fine to make fun of people who said BBK sucked, but feels like we should be focusing on the problem here, which is Bob Gregory. We should have a BBK level player every year at LB, we do at DB and DT.

Gregory is #1 by far on the needs to be fired list. Paopao and Bonapha might suck at recruiting, but at least they don't coach positions where that makes a huge difference.

Sorry. Poor recruiting should not be tolerated at any position. It's a basic requirement of the job. At least if you're serious about winning big games.
    @whuggy get an avatar already! I’m thinking this one would work well for “whuggy”

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Looks like Sarks guys being gone is finally catching up
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Mad_Son said:

Bbk drastically improved. Failing to recognize that he improved is dumb, not having criticized him originally.

He was better than Bierria and Victor his junior year. But still.
    Positionally speaking, probably true. He was usually in the right position to make a tackle, but there was a reason he got nicknamed “The Jockey”. He got dragged like crazy until he bulked up before his Sr year.
    Even tho he got dragged, being in the right position at least slowed the other person down. BBK was great at being in the right position, he was in on a large majority of the plays even if he didn't make the tackle himself. Right now the middle of the field is just wide open and even Hawaii took advantage of it.
    I honestly don’t disagree. I’d love to have him as a RS Sr right now.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Read the title as "I miss BBC."

Left disappointed.

yeah, it's like "BBC!? click click click! ... damn ..." (leaves thread)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    Houhusky said:

Safety hasn’t been a noticeable problem. (Yet)

Not having a dominate shutdown CB is so jarring. It’s been so long.

IMO in order of most missed; Murphy, BBK, Gaines, Rapp
    Williams hurt us vs cal bouncing off of brown. It's a matter of time before it's exploited even more. Even Bryant who makes plays is set to be exploited vs teams with tight ends and/ or wr. We still have not played a team with a legit tailback. Safety and linebacker is an absolute mess right now.

Our d line is not great but I think it has more to do with undersized guys trying to 2 gap.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BBK was good his junior year, not great yet but pretty good. People use the Saquon Barkley drag (which he did to almost everyone in college) to project it onto his entire junior season.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Y’all were dumb for hating on him all year. At least he could fucking tackle.

Great post, not sure how I missed it. I've been screaming this at my TV all season.

BBK's loss was much bigger than forecast.

I think he's the biggest missing piece from last year, bigger than Murphy, bigger than MMFG, bigger than Gaines or Rapp.

And we miss all those guys.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Reading this thread and thinking of all the feel good stories about *REDACTED* finally starting after never missing a practice makes me want to drink a bleach cocktail.

You know, I'm not even mad about that. He's leading the team in tackles, leading linebackers in tackles by a wide margin last I checked, and has the biggest hit of the season to date. Also is the only linebacker to do ONE DAMNED THING to influence the passing game, with that tip to Williams.

What I'm mad about isn't that he's playing. What I'm mad about is that he seems to be the best of the guys who are! Dafuq happened to Welly? He looked REALLY good at the end of last season!