Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

California Schools seeking to become SEC West

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,443 Swaye's Wigwam
Pay to play is about to happen...in 2023 anyways. 2025 will be speshul for USC!

https://espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27593438/ncaa-asks-california-deny-fair-pay-play-act

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Being paid for your image or likeness is different from being paid to play but the NCAA and Title 9 have a lot to say about equal OUTCOMES, not equal opportunity when it comes to these things

A person could say that a women's volleyball player would have the right to sell her name but who the fuck would buy it meaning the male football player gets something she can't

The NCAA doesn't allow athletes to get something that every student can't get. Can you make the case that back the pack can get paid for his image therefore its not an extra benefit?

Does everyone on the team need to get paid the same?

The good news is that these folks will fuck it up and kill college football and we won't lose to Cal anymore

Amen, bruh. We only need to wait until 2023 for a UW natty to be in play again.

Oh shit, every SIFO with Pete?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    edited September 2019
    Nothing says sec like air raid because your OL is soft
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

NCAA football is so far from the day I fell in love with it on those crip fall days with my dads(s) that I really don’t give a shit anymore. Burn it down. It’s a former shell of what made it unique and fun.

The NFLization of CF sucks.
    BUT WE NEED A REAL CHAMPION

WE NEED MORE TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS

I hate those people
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam

NCAA football is so far from the day I fell in love with it on those crip fall days with my dads(s) that I really don’t give a shit anymore. Burn it down. It’s a former shell of what made it unique and fun.

I hate those people
    Tbf, Race, is there anyone you don't hate?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

You're just seeing it for what it's always been
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

I hate those people
    Tbf, Race, is there anyone you don't hate?
    I love me some me!