Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HAWKS!!

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Looked pedestrian today. Some units looked great and some were trash. Russ played solid, I am tough on Russ but a lot of the sacks he couldn’t help today because the O line is fucking trash (which is funny because all the local hosts dubbed it a “top 5 unit”). The secondary is almost just as bad. Flowers and Tedric were garbage. Tedric always has been and Flowers showed some potential last year but took a step back today.

Metcalf flashed some nice stuff, he is going to be a key piece to the offense.

The Front 7 are studs. Clowney was wreaking havoc. Jefferson looks like he took another step up. Bobby showed why he was one of the best players in the NFL. Will be fun to see what they can do with Ansah and Reed in there as well as Clowney having a bit more practice. The Bengals have a terrible O line though and a lot of the players were back ups so we shall see.

Team did not look like a playoff team this week but neither did they for the first few weeks of last season either.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They are the Rams bitch until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hawks passed on Budda and drafted Malik McDowell instead, they deserve Tedric's shittiness.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Looked pedestrian today. Some units looked great and some were trash. Russ played solid, I am tough on Russ but a lot of the sacks he couldn’t help today because the O line is fucking trash (which is funny because all the local hosts dubbed it a “top 5 unit”). The secondary is almost just as bad. Flowers and Tedric were garbage. Tedric always has been and Flowers showed some potential last year but took a step back today.

Metcalf flashed some nice stuff, he is going to be a key piece to the offense.

The Front 7 are studs. Clowney was wreaking havoc. Jefferson looks like he took another step up. Bobby showed why he was one of the best players in the NFL. Will be fun to see what they can do with Ansah and Reed in there as well as Clowney having a bit more practice. The Bengals have a terrible O line though and a lot of the players were back ups so we shall see.

Team did not look like a playoff team this week but neither did they for the first few weeks of last season either.

Who said they were a top 5 unit? They should be canned, I'm a hawks Homer and a solid year for this line would place them in the 12-14 range, and that's best case.

Flowers will be fine, but that fucking misplay by tedric was unexcusable, we may see Blair step in soon.

The front 7 is going to be nasty IF (big) ansah can stay healthy for 10 games and the playoffs, Reed stays in shape during his suspension, and one of collier/Jefferson/Greene can show up each game

As you said, the team started slow as fuck, and has been a trademark of Carroll's teams

If we are playing like this week 4 I will be concerned, id be ecstatic with a 2-1 start though, and with how the steelers looked, and getting the saints at home, I think we should split the pair
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2-0 with New Orleans coming to town. If Brees has to sit out we? should be in great shape.

The Hawks have gotten a lot of breaks early this year. You know they'll be good late as always.

They could give the Rams a real run.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I’m hearing DangeRuss had his best game ever in a week 2 win vs a mediocre defense.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m hearing DangeRuss had his best game ever in a week 2 win vs a mediocre defense.

Wasn't anything close to his best game ever. Butt his best September game, probably.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Russ is so good that I expect him to play good every game. He’s gotten better with age.