Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quite honestly

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,015 Founders Club
OL sucks, receivers suck, DBs are way worse. QB is an upgrade. @MikeDamone is wrong here. RB an obvious downgrade without Gaskin. Only position group that is GOOD is the d line, but they got tired and the depth isnt there.

Shoot me. Season is over. Go Liverpool. Go Yankees. Go Avs. Fire Pete. Hire Urban.

Comments

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,015 Founders Club

Go Patriots

They won’t repeat. People forget GRONK! won that last Superbowl.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Fire Pete. #BringBackSark Urban Meyer to Oregon (2020/2021)

Fire Pete. #BringBackSark Urban Meyer to Oregon (2020/2021)

I was mocking you, you know. Everyone knows our AD wont do shit. Just like yours. Pac-12 should just delete football.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    Gronk is unretiring for the playoffs, but #popebrown #drugsgordon are taking this team to the SUP
    edited September 2019

Gronk is unretiring for the playoffs, but #popebrown #drugsgordon are taking this team to the SUP

Gronk is done. I guess I shouldn’t write off a repeat, but there are other teams that are hungry and more talented. My Yankees though...I like their odds.

Running game wasn’t bad Salvon went 21 for 120, we just got behind schedule too much, way too many drops that killed drives.

Not bad, except for when they couldn’t convert short yardage situations in the second half. OL got bodied.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    The pooch punt was all I needed to see. Nothings changed. Still the worst offense I've ever seen.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2019

Running game wasn’t bad Salvon went 21 for 120, we just got behind schedule too much, way too many drops that killed drives.

It was Salvons best game, BUT, there were atleast two 3rd and shorts where we didnt convert because Ahmed did his little dumbshit bunnyhop/jumpcut/hesitation behind the line.

Dick Newton only getting 9 carries is fucking retarded

Edit: also the run scheming sucked ass and the OL is garbage. Where the fuck did the power run with our giant TEs go?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,678 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

OL sucks, receivers suck, DBs are way worse. QB is an upgrade. @MikeDamone is wrong here. RB an obvious downgrade without Gaskin. Only position group that is GOOD is the d line, but they got tired and the depth isnt there.

Shoot me. Season is over. Go Liverpool. Go Yankees. Go Avs. Fire Pete. Hire Urban.

Other than his ability to fire lasers, what positives do you see in Eason's game? I see the same shitty QB that Rosen ALWAYS was but who every football pundit apparently couldn't see. I guess this hope will also make him a first round draft pick which leads to holding a clipboard for s few years. Sorry but I just don't see any IT factor.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

PurpleJ said:

Other than his ability to fire lasers, what positives do you see in Eason's game? I see the same shitty QB that Rosen ALWAYS was but who every football pundit apparently couldn't see. I guess this hope will also make him a first round draft pick which leads to holding a clipboard for s few years. Sorry but I just don't see any IT factor.
    He gave himself up short of the first down marker. So there’s that.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2019

PurpleJ said:

If it was Browning who did that unaware fucktard slide 2 yards short of the first down people would have lost their shit. Doogs just wanted to believe Eason was a QB savior for the program.

There is no such thing as a QB savior.

PurpleJ said:

So he isn’t better than Browning? Staff?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

If it was Browning who did that unaware fucktard slide 2 yards short of the first down people would have lost their shit. Doogs just wanted to believe Eason was a QB savior for the program.

There is no such thing as a QB savior.
    12 years ago....
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Houhusky said:

It was Salvons best game, BUT, there were atleast two 3rd and shorts where we didnt convert because Ahmed did his little dumbshit bunnyhop/jumpcut/hesitation behind the line.

Dick Newton only getting 9 carries is fucking retarded

Edit: also the run scheming sucked ass and the OL is garbage. Where the fuck did the power run with our giant TEs go?
    Salvon was very very good but most of his carries were between the tackles which makes little to no sense for me. This offense is an utter abortion.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

He was hated for what he couldn't do. He had enough fight and intelligence to get the job done most of the time. The fans hoped Eason would take the program further. I see no evidence that his raw physical or mental abilities will take the team any further than Browning. As an "athlete", he's nothing special. He's tall and has a strong arm. There's a bunch of these guys holding clipboards in the NFL.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

He was hated for what he couldn't do. He had enough fight and intelligence to get the job done most of the time. The fans hoped Eason would take the program further. I see no evidence that his raw physical or mental abilities will take the team any further than Browning. As an "athlete", he's nothing special. He's tall and has a strong arm. There's a bunch of these guys holding clipboards in the NFL.
    Answer the fucking question. If you can’t see that Eason is better, I can’t help you. That’s what I said. Upgrade at qb.

Oh and smart fans noted that Eason might not fit into Pete’s nerd dink and dunk offense and they were right. He was hitting guys right in the hands all night, though.

As far as the NFL goes, he is probably a backup at best (still better than Browning). But why even bring that into the conversation?

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Answer the fucking question. If you can’t see that Eason is better, I can’t help you. That’s what I said. Upgrade at qb.

Oh and smart fans noted that Eason might not fit into Pete’s nerd dink and dunk offense and they were right. He was hitting guys right in the hands all night, though.

As far as the NFL goes, he is probably a backup at best (still better than Browning). But why even bring that into the conversation?

Wait was the question;-) Is he a better passer than Browning? Yes. Eason has the height and arm but he wasn't the better QB last night. Garbers reminded me a lot of Browning and that fucking pisses me off. I hadn't seen much of Eason even while he was at GA. I remember GA having freakishly athletic WRs though. They had 3 or 4 Bryant's and 2 amazing running backs. I thought Eason's size and arm strength would get it done. He doesn't have the same athletes around him now and isn't one himself. Like Browning, he only has part of the total package. Like Rosen, he has the part that will buy him the ability to hold a clipboard at the next level. I hope you're right and I'm wrong though;-)