Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy-Bethel Game Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019

Ok watching this game. I'm glad I'm not the only turd watching this game. My observations.

1. Smalls overrated- I Hope we get him. But I'm ok if we don't.
    2. Latu 11 is legit. The Brother 1 is good enough to get the brother combo offer. I guess Oregon already fucked us on that one.
    3. The running back 5 for Kennedy pretty good.
    4. Sam huard is legit. Too much arm for all his weak ass receivers.

Before all the Smalls lovers kill me. I also want him to sign with UW because I want the best for UW. This is the first game I ever see of him and I'm not impressed. I watch socal highschool foosball every weekend at least 3 games(yes I watch that much high school ball and I try and watch all the pac12 games too). Nothing I see of him says exceptional play. Maybe just his size and weight. But actual play not impressive. He is really raw. I think he would benefit greatly from UW. Other than that just a basic linebacker. The flowe brothers are much better either one I would take over smalls but because we suck ass at recruiting we have to try everything to get smalls. Again I'll gladly take him. Just he is ok. We need to get Latu for sure though.

More truth than lies to this. Didn’t watch the game, but have been feeling this way for awhile. He’s good, not great. He’s not going to come in and be an impact guy. If he wasn’t the #3 player after his sophomore year and they did initial rankings before their senior year, he would be a mid 4 star guy.
    This is not specific to Savell as I haven't seen him play enough, nor am I qualified to make a judgement on him but, in general, a major flaw in the TBS ranking systems comes from initially ranking these kids as sophomores in high school.

When you say a 15 year old is a 5-star, you're usually basing it on the fact that he's advanced for his age and the assumption is "wow, if he's this good now, imagine how good he will be as a senior" or he's huge and "you cant teach size. The football playing will come later as he develops." Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt but now that you've ranked the kid a 5 star you will endure the wrath of coaches, parents, fans, and all of tbsing social media if you dare re-evaluate. People went crazy when Savell was moved from the #1 to #4 player in the country, for fucks sake.

So now you have a bunch of pre-ordained kids at the top and the kids who absolutely blow up their senior year are out in the weeds. Some scratch into 4 star range (Faatanu) but others are left in 3-star land, usually because they have already committed to a school (Otten).
    base on his sr tape an argument can be made that he should have been a 5 star
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ok watching this game. I'm glad I'm not the only turd watching this game. My observations.

1. Smalls overrated- I Hope we get him. But I'm ok if we don't.
    2. Latu 11 is legit. The Brother 1 is good enough to get the brother combo offer. I guess Oregon already fucked us on that one.
    3. The running back 5 for Kennedy pretty good.
    4. Sam huard is legit. Too much arm for all his weak ass receivers.

Before all the Smalls lovers kill me. I also want him to sign with UW because I want the best for UW. This is the first game I ever see of him and I'm not impressed. I watch socal highschool foosball every weekend at least 3 games(yes I watch that much high school ball and I try and watch all the pac12 games too). Nothing I see of him says exceptional play. Maybe just his size and weight. But actual play not impressive. He is really raw. I think he would benefit greatly from UW. Other than that just a basic linebacker. The flowe brothers are much better either one I would take over smalls but because we suck ass at recruiting we have to try everything to get smalls. Again I'll gladly take him. Just he is ok. We need to get Latu for sure though.

More truth than lies to this. Didn’t watch the game, but have been feeling this way for awhile. He’s good, not great. He’s not going to come in and be an impact guy. If he wasn’t the #3 player after his sophomore year and they did initial rankings before their senior year, he would be a mid 4 star guy.
    This is not specific to Savell as I haven't seen him play enough, nor am I qualified to make a judgement on him but, in general, a major flaw in the TBS ranking systems comes from initially ranking these kids as sophomores in high school.

When you say a 15 year old is a 5-star, you're usually basing it on the fact that he's advanced for his age and the assumption is "wow, if he's this good now, imagine how good he will be as a senior" or he's huge and "you cant teach size. The football playing will come later as he develops." Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt but now that you've ranked the kid a 5 star you will endure the wrath of coaches, parents, fans, and all of tbsing social media if you dare re-evaluate. People went crazy when Savell was moved from the #1 to #4 player in the country, for fucks sake.

So now you have a bunch of pre-ordained kids at the top and the kids who absolutely blow up their senior year are out in the weeds. Some scratch into 4 star range (Faatanu) but others are left in 3-star land, usually because they have already committed to a school (Otten).
    It's the 8th grade superstar syndrome.

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,021
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    FirePete said:

base on his sr tape an argument can be made that he should have been a 5 star

Come on now. He's like 6'3' 275