Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nussmeier Unqualified for UW Job for 1 Simple Reason: Inexperience

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
I read this piece http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/12/4/5173622/coaching-search-head-coaches-vs-coordinators, and it pissed me off because it omits the most important trait of all of these coordinators turned 1st time head coaches: They may have been coordinators when hired, who had no prior head coaching experience, but they had a shit ton of college coaching experience before they became 1st time head coaches.

That's my major problem with Nuss, not simply because he's a coordinator with no HC exp., but plain lack of exp.

Here's the list with total yrs college coaching experience before they became 1st time HCs. Pretty simple stuff:

1. Jimbo Fisher: 22 yrs
2. Mike Gundy: 15 yrs
3. David Shaw: 7 yrs
4. Dabo Swinney: 15 yrs
5. Rod Carey: 18 yrs
6. Bob Stoops: 16 yrs
7. Charlie Strong: 27 yrs
8. Mark Richt : 15 yrs
9. Tim DeRuyter: 22 yrs

Conclusion: These 9 coaches that were coordinators who had no prior head coaching experience before getting hired, that currently have their teams in the top 25, have on average, 17 yrs college coaching experience before they became 1st time HCs.

Nussmeier has 9 yrs college coaching exp. He may be a great coordinator, but how in the fuck does any one think he is qualified for this job?! I wonder if he even has the connections to build a complete staff.

Woody must think that 2008 Sark hire was a stroke of jeenyus cuz we're setting up to hire Sark's clone.

This is FUBAR.

Comments