Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elephant in the room

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019

Now that I've gotten to watch the 4th quarter, the guy who stood out to me the most was Victor Curne! I don't think he missed a single assignment, nor did his guy ever impact a play, rush or pass. He has more of a guard body, so it was strange to me that he's playing tackle, but I totally see it now.

Good chit, thank you.
    Pleased to see Curne didn't look bad. Regarding him looking more like a guard, is his RT spot in 2-deeps perhaps a function of no Bainivalu and Mele being needed more for Center depth right now?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Now that I've gotten to watch the 4th quarter, the guy who stood out to me the most was Victor Curne! I don't think he missed a single assignment, nor did his guy ever impact a play, rush or pass. He has more of a guard body, so it was strange to me that he's playing tackle, but I totally see it now.

Good chit, thank you.
    Pleased to see Curne didn't look bad. Regarding him looking more like a guard, is his RT spot in 2-deeps perhaps a function of no Bainivalu and Mele being needed more for Center depth right now?
    Pretty sure the initial plan for the future line was to kick Kirkland out to RT after this year and then put Curne at RG. But I agree, Curne showed a lot more promise at RT than I was expecting.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Spot on, I mentioned the same thing to my brother several times throughout the game in a drunken and much less succinct manner, we were also lining up safeties LITERALLY 20 yards downfield in situations like 2nd and 8 regularly.

I really hope that it was just for this game for whatever reason, but you can't give up that soft of a zone in the middle of the fucking field,particularly when the opposing qb is super inaccurate

Bowman is trash, and I may be a bit more concerned about the run game than even you are, I think it's going to be an issue throughout the year unless Newton can repeat that performance against better defenses..... Rough game for Ahmed
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We are the same team as last year but we have fucking Trevor Lawerence
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

Spot on, I mentioned the same thing to my brother several times throughout the game in a drunken and much less succinct manner, we were also lining up safeties LITERALLY 20 yards downfield in situations like 2nd and 8 regularly.

I really hope that it was just for this game for whatever reason, but you can't give up that soft of a zone in the middle of the fucking field,particularly when the opposing qb is super inaccurate

Bowman is trash, and I may be a bit more concerned about the run game than even you are, I think it's going to be an issue throughout the year unless Newton can repeat that performance against better defenses..... Rough game for Ahmed

Disagree on Bowman. I get the concern about him, but he’s going to be good. He doesn’t break down sometimes and loses contain, but he gets in the backfield. A lot. I think there is a real possibility he’s the best pass rusher on the team.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We are the same team as last year but we have fucking Trevor Lawerence

And a better pass rush
  • Options

bigcc said:

Disagree on Bowman. I get the concern about him, but he’s going to be good. He doesn’t break down sometimes and loses contain, but he gets in the backfield. A lot. I think there is a real possibility he’s the best pass rusher on the team.
    That gets me really concerned. I did not hear Joe Tryon's name mentioned at all, what's wrong with him?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019

bigcc said:

That gets me really concerned. I did not hear Joe Tryon's name mentioned at all, what's wrong with him?
    Different players. Nothing is wrong with Tryon. He’s not ever going to be a double digit sack guy. He’s still really good tho.

Latu will start playing more. Ngata is a useful and valuable player rotating in. Myles Rice looks solid to me, possibly more. We don’t have any Kikaha’s who will get 15 sacks, but I like where we are at. Smalls is going to have a tough time breaking in next year, which is how it should be.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893

bigcc said:

If that's the case then we are fucked lmao

Either ngata or Tryon need to be that guy, and tbh i would expect both to outperform bowman