Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Spiker’s QB

Just realized he was Boise State’s starter as a true freshman. Threw for 407 yards. I remember seeing him drop dimes in Spiker’s highlight video.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Just realized he was Boise State’s starter as a true freshman. Threw for 407 yards. I remember seeing him drop dimes in Spiker’s highlight video.

I know you said you wanted him over Morris last year. Dude looks promising.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Murrieta represent
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    fuck he looked like a fucking baller.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Tom Luginbill compared him to Jake Browning. Don't hold that against him though, Tom Luginbill's an idiot.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    I don't really understand the difference between an offer and a committable offer as some call them, but the kid had a lot of offers including Cal, Georgia, Utah... but he wound up at Boise St.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    uzi said:

I don't really understand the difference between an offer and a committable offer as some call them, but the kid had a lot of offers including Cal, Georgia, Utah... but he wound up at Boise St.

uzi said:

I think he committed somewhere else first. He was a baller tho. He’s gonna kill it at Boise State.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    uzi said:

It's some weird shit that encompasses a few concepts.

- offer can mean (a) symbolic offer ie: Gee Scott jr for optics (b) a croot can accept but if the coach finds someone better that offer can be "pulled"
    - comittable offer means if it's accepted by croot then a schollie is off the table and reserved for them in the class.

Something like this. I'm sure someone will point out if I'm way off ...
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    Committable offer means the team will take the kid right then. If you're Oregon or Florida State or whatever, and you offer 300 kids, you're obviously not taking 300 kids. Maybe 40 of them are guys who could call the day the offer is made to commit, and the coach will say, "Welcome aboard!"

Most offers are made as a hedge against losing preferred players. Depending on when in the cycle these lower rated (by the team) kids want to commit, the team may encourage them to hold off or keep them in mind but not now, etc. In other words, "We think having you on the roster would be better than having nobody at your position, so we'll offer just in case we miss on everybody else, but we won't actually accept your commitment until we need to, as we need to hear from other players first."