Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huge sack on 4th and goal by BBK

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oh yeah, the Hawks are playing tonight.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He's killing it tonight. Flying around. He's absolutely everywhere.

My guy BBK is a baller. Preseason game or not, that was a dominating performance. The roughing the passer was bullshit.

Yep. Unfortunately LB is easily the Hawks deepest position group. Hopefully he makes the team. If not, I can't see him making it to the practice squad, someone will swoop him up.

He's gonna have a very good NFL career.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

My guy BBK is a baller. Preseason game or not, that was a dominating performance. The roughing the passer was bullshit.

Yep. Unfortunately LB is easily the Hawks deepest position group. Hopefully he makes the team. If not, I can't see him making it to the practice squad, someone will swoop him up.

I think he makes it after that game. Good spot for him too. Seahawks are deep at LB this year, but Kendricks and Wright will both be gone soon.

dnc said:

I think he makes it after that game. Good spot for him too. Seahawks are deep at LB this year, but Kendricks and Wright will both be gone soon.
    They just resigned Wright, he's not going anywhere too soon.

Agree on Kendricks.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Making this the #ProDawg thread.

McGary played his first snaps last night and killed it. Most people have him pencilled in as the starting RT game one.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

They just resigned Wright, he's not going anywhere too soon.

Agree on Kendricks.
    2 years for Wright. Next year not guaranteed. He could play awhile longer, but no guarantee.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BBK is a machine
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He didn't just suddenly get good his senior season, either. I don't get to many games, but I happened to be there for UW grabbing ankles for Oregon in 2015. I'm guessing BBK probably had some kick coverage action prior to that game, but I'm fairly sure that the Oregon game was his first collegiate experience on defense, in relief of Azeem Victor. I just found that game on YouTube and scrolled forward to near the end of the 2nd quarter, about when I remember him first coming in. If this link doesn't already start the video there, scroll forward to 18:33.

https://youtu.be/sV2NZs9W2wY?t=1113

18:33 is a kickoff after an Oregon field goal. First man to the returner? BBK, getting just enough of him to spin him out of bounds shy of the 20. Next play, on possibly his first defensive snap, as a true freshman that couldn't have weighed more than 200 pounds, Oregon throws a quick sideline pass, Kevin King completely whiffs the tackle, BBK gets all the way to the sideline for the solo tackle. Next play, BBK bowls through the right guard and the running back to sack Vernon Adams.

I remember turning to my brother who was at the game with me and saying, "Holy shit, that's Ben Burr-Kirven! He's like a 200 pound true freshman, and he's EVERYWHERE!" Started just focusing in on him on every play in which he was in just because it was so fun to watch (not as fun as circa-2015 Azeem Victor, but who was?). As a former ridiculously undersized linebacker myself, I was an instant fan.

I think he regressed a bit his sophomore season due to putting on weight too quickly and losing more speed than the extra weight was worth, but he was somewhere between good and great his junior year, occasional pony ride aside, and an animal his senior year.

Everybody who was talking shit about him just wasn't paying attention, and I'm betting 100% of those people are wishing he had redshirted that 2015 season about now after watching that Eastern game...
    Swaye's Wigwam

He didn't just suddenly get good his senior season, either. I don't get to many games, but I happened to be there for UW grabbing ankles for Oregon in 2015. I'm guessing BBK probably had some kick coverage action prior to that game, but I'm fairly sure that the Oregon game was his first collegiate experience on defense, in relief of Azeem Victor. I just found that game on YouTube and scrolled forward to near the end of the 2nd quarter, about when I remember him first coming in. If this link doesn't already start the video there, scroll forward to 18:33.

https://youtu.be/sV2NZs9W2wY?t=1113

18:33 is a kickoff after an Oregon field goal. First man to the returner? BBK, getting just enough of him to spin him out of bounds shy of the 20. Next play, on possibly his first defensive snap, as a true freshman that couldn't have weighed more than 200 pounds, Oregon throws a quick sideline pass, Kevin King completely whiffs the tackle, BBK gets all the way to the sideline for the solo tackle. Next play, BBK bowls through the right guard and the running back to sack Vernon Adams.

I remember turning to my brother who was at the game with me and saying, "Holy shit, that's Ben Burr-Kirven! He's like a 200 pound true freshman, and he's EVERYWHERE!" Started just focusing in on him on every play in which he was in just because it was so fun to watch (not as fun as circa-2015 Azeem Victor, but who was?). As a former ridiculously undersized linebacker myself, I was an instant fan.

I think he regressed a bit his sophomore season due to putting on weight too quickly and losing more speed than the extra weight was worth, but he was somewhere between good and great his junior year, occasional pony ride aside, and an animal his senior year.

Everybody who was talking shit about him just wasn't paying attention, and I'm betting 100% of those people are wishing he had redshirted that 2015 season about now after watching that Eastern game...

He was pretty good as a sophomore. When Beavers and BBK filled in for Azeem, they both played well and made plays.

The Fuller stuff is the same. Fuller flashed as a true freshman, gradually got better, and now is primed to break out his senior year, just like BBK.