Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Bookstore Clothing Offerings

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974

I also picked out an outfit for the Eastern game.

Holy shit, that's a thing? Does nobody review shirt designs for irony and/or stupidity before they go to print?
    Apparently it's a real shirt. I copied the picture from a thread started by @HuskyJW a few months ago, so he might have more details. At the very least he deserves an honorable mention since he isn't earning any chincredible royalties from my plagiarism.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Chinned for purple sandals suggestion.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    I don't think they sell these at the book store but if you mofos are reading this thread means you like to sport UW gear. I'm ready to get these.

https://sneakernews.com/2019/08/27/adidas-ultra-boost-1-0-washington-huskies/
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't think they sell these at the book store but if you mofos are reading this thread means you like to sport UW gear. I'm ready to get these.

https://sneakernews.com/2019/08/27/adidas-ultra-boost-1-0-washington-huskies/

Those are fire

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam

@Doog_de_Jour was this the store at Hec Ed? I'm bringing the rugrats to Eastern, and I was hoping to pick up a couple jerseys for them on the way in. Think they'd be in stock Saturday morning?

Was just at Hec ed store, they have the jerseys there.
    Awesome. TYFYS.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,728 Founders Club

Somebody find this hoodie for me and I'll TYFYS.

A Greenlake Pike Place brotha doing a Slav Squat?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    The official Adidas release party is the USC game. Maybe they're saving the "good stuff" for then?
    dnc said:

The official Adidas release party is the USC game. Maybe they're saving the "good stuff" for then?

Doesn't make sense to hold back march when they could be making bank off of it but then a lot of this launch hasn't made sense.
    From a financial standpoint, I can see not wanting to blow your wad all at once. A staged release is probably more profitable, especially for things like clothes that people tend to buy multiples of. Release a bunch of hastily made crap at initial launch and sell a shitload of it to the "I'll buy anything that's purple and has three stripes on it" crowd, then have an "official release party" a couple of months later at which you release a second wave of, mostly higher quality, gear. The first wave is sure to double dip, and you can pick off a lot of the more discerning customers as well at that time.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,982

dnc said:

Doesn't make sense to hold back march when they could be making bank off of it but then a lot of this launch hasn't made sense.
    From a financial standpoint, I can see not wanting to blow your wad all at once. A staged release is probably more profitable, especially for things like clothes that people tend to buy multiples of. Release a bunch of hastily made crap at initial launch and sell a shitload of it to the "I'll buy anything that's purple and has three stripes on it" crowd, then have an "official release party" a couple of months later at which you release a second wave of, mostly higher quality, gear. The first wave is sure to double dip, and you can pick off a lot of the more discerning customers as well at that time.
    This is unappealing for a fag like me. I don't want to have to be an exclusive gear tracking savant in order to find quality stuff I'll actually wear. I've looked around, found dead ends and now I'm done for the season, not intentionally but because I won't think of it again. I signed up for the advanced release of the purple and gold Boosts, but didn't get a confirmation email or the usual barrage of spam so idk if that shit even works. From jacked to meh.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been to the bookstore and team store multiple times now and haven't plunked down any dough to adidas. I think I've expressed myself pretty clear why (I hate the new gold even more than I did the Nike version - note from a fan apparel standpoint. Reason number 2: I'm well beyond the rebranding that was done in 2001, and the new stuff is a continuation of that branding). I think this is kind of like releasing a video game console for before Christmas, if you wait too long, you're gonna get fucked. A lot of folks gear up before the season, and probably make small purchases like winter hats, gloves, in season. In the last two months alone, since the adidas release, I've already spent more than $200 on gear for friends, family, and myself. This Christmas, when I plunk down even more for family, if the stuff that's currently available is still this shitty from an apparel standpoint, the nieces and nephews will be getting Gear, '47, Retrobrand, Champion, or Starter options.

I do like the shoes.

IMO, it looks like Purple and Peanut Butter.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Had UW and Adidas put together a legit launch this weekend, people would buy the shit out of quality options. The flip flops are a joke. I saw the bookstore selection. Atrocious.

The boost shoes do look legit!!