Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One of Yankoff's dads is big mad at Pete

13»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019

Who the fuck wants anyone from Idaho

Jake Plummer

Cody Pickett

And?

Harmon Killebrew, Jerry Kramer and Chief Joseph
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    This article is dog shit. However, I think there’s a vein of truth about the QB room. Giving the job to browning was BS. Pete’s inability to recruit and keep a QB from outside the state of WA is a problem. QB development (Browning is the only example) is for shit. Inability to get talented WRs in the game. The BS semantics about competition and then the improper allocation of reps doesn’t work. People see through that crap. I feel like I hear echoes of Shane Fortney in my fried old
    Brain.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Petersen said repeatedly that transfer Jacob Eason — who had been the starter at Georgia as a freshman — and soph Jake Haener were just about dead even.

However…

Absolutely no one believed that.

“Everybody knew what was going on,” said Haener, who was as sure as the rest of the Husky Nation that Eason would inherit the job. “It didn’t matter what I did.”

Is this article written by a jilted ex girlfriend of Petersen with an asshole large enough to pull these quotes from? Both Haener and his dad have said in multiple interviews that Pete and the competition for who would start were fair.

So if everyone understood the situation then why is everyone so upset now?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

Who the fuck wants anyone from Idaho

Jake Plummer

Cody Pickett

And?

Levi Madrietta

Wait...
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    HuskyJW said:

I can’t speak to Haener....but I would like to think I know North Idaho/Eastern Washington pretty well.

Outsiders are not welcome. Carpetbaggers. If you live here and grow up...they expect you to be down to earth and real and they will protect their own until the death.

Yankoff was a CDA kid and went to Seattle to play for the big bad Dawgs. We chewed him up and spit him out (their view) low and behold CP brought in a carpetbagger and now he’s a starter. It is what it is. We can blame millennials or whatever....but this will be the narrative.

Dev Culp says hi
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

I can’t speak to Haener....but I would like to think I know North Idaho/Eastern Washington pretty well.

Outsiders are not welcome. Carpetbaggers. If you live here and grow up...they expect you to be down to earth and real and they will protect their own until the death.

Yankoff was a CDA kid and went to Seattle to play for the big bad Dawgs. We chewed him up and spit him out (their view) low and behold CP brought in a carpetbagger and now he’s a starter. It is what it is. We can blame millennials or whatever....but this will be the narrative.

Dev Culp says hi
    Ok!
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    There goes the Coeur D'Alene pipeline...
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Bread said:

Houhusky said:

The fact that Yankoff, Haener, and Sirmon all quit or atleast tried to quit this off season shows that there is some cancer (probably Yankoff) in the QB room spreading shit.

The departures dont seem like well meaning mutual, "I just want to play on the field" type things. The coaches need to completely re-evaluate what they are doing in the QB room, their recruits trying to mutiny the QB room is a symptom of a bigger problem with whoever is in charge of the QBs.

Haener, Sirmon, and Yankoff were all competing for holder as well as QB. I heard Yankoff had the job pretty much secured at the end of spring then Race Porter had some interaction with him, next day he was gone and Race Porter was back at holder1. You can connect the dots.
    Wait, what??