Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Offensive Counterpart to the #TurnoverSalmon

Jake Haener - The Turnover Shrimp

Comments

• ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    For my part - I’m not bashing him, I’m not saying he’s a horrible human being.

He has been turnover prone and is .... not tall.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170

For my part - I’m not bashing him, I’m not saying he’s a horrible human being.

He has been turnover prone and is .... not tall.

Like I'm not sure that going into the semantics of mockery versus bashing is important here. This kid is pouring his heart into the team and you're tearing him down.

• PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    Is he a good kid? Likely yes. Should he hit the fucking portal yesterday? Definitely yes.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I normally wouldn't subscribe to this bashing of the kids, but the reality is Haener got more of a shake than 99% of backup QBs get sitting behind a 4year starter.

People forget he wasn't pulled after 1 series. He was given another chance to move the ball. Move the ball, get points against Cal, and you're starting in the Rose Bowl and handed the keys sophomore year.

Yeah but still
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,655 Founders Club
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

I normally wouldn't subscribe to this bashing of the kids, but the reality is Haener got more of a shake than 99% of backup QBs get sitting behind a 4year starter.

People forget he wasn't pulled after 1 series. He was given another chance to move the ball. Move the ball, get points against Cal, and you're starting in the Rose Bowl and handed the keys sophomore year.

Who cares what chances he got? It is Pete's fault for choosing him. If he does the browning schtick and acts like the best guy won and he is great but surrounded by incompetence then I'm happy to deride him for all time.

Until then I don't see cause to mock the kid. He's a fucking Husky after all. He goes out and competes and persumably does his best - all we can ask of him. It's the coaches who aren't doing their best.
    I never bash the kids
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170

Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

Who cares what chances he got? It is Pete's fault for choosing him. If he does the browning schtick and acts like the best guy won and he is great but surrounded by incompetence then I'm happy to deride him for all time.

Until then I don't see cause to mock the kid. He's a fucking Husky after all. He goes out and competes and persumably does his best - all we can ask of him. It's the coaches who aren't doing their best.
    I never bash the kids
    ISWYDT but I don't care.

Doogs are broken clocks and this is something they got right.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,760 Founders Club