Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

QB Update - PS - I failed - 5 min read

So tonight as I was leaving Qdoba in U Village I saw Cole Norgaard walk into the teriyaki place next store. Over the last year I have ran into players like Elijah Molden, Keith Taylor, GMFG and Benning Potoa'e and not talk to them. Each one of these times I was in a rush but this time I had all the time in the world. Since I am not really a go getter, I told myself my people @Hardcore_Husky want an update so I thought of @Dennis_DeYoung and his beta issue with our program. So I said to myself "KrunkJuice stop being a beta and go up to him like a gangster in the night and get some answers." This is what I got.

Since my goal from the beginning was to find out what the hell is going on with the QB competition, I needed to start out slow. I told him I was an ex athlete at UW and I bled Purple and Gold so I had to stop him to chat about the program. I told him when I was down there the program was in shambles and life support. I first asked him how was his injury going? He said he was fine and that it was a freak accident. You could tell that he was disappointed. I asked him what the injury was and he said I am not allowed to say. He said he was playing well and was working out at the center position. He was in flip flops and I couldn't help but notice a 3-4 inch scar right on top of his foot (Metatarsals maybe?). Another observation I had was he was very light to me. It says 295 on gohuskies but I would say maybe 265-270. It also said he was 6-5 but I was say 6-3. He appeared to be walking just fine.

We then started talking about exposure. He said he and the team hate playing late and his favorite time is the afternoon starts. He said that the players and coaches hate the idea of 9 AM starts. He mentioned waking up at 4 AM for that. I told him that the UCLA game in 2017 was imo what Husky Football is all about. He said he loved that game time and atmosphere combine with the weather. I asked what do you guys do all day when you have 7PM starts? He said they have meetings every couple of ours w/ the coaches but he said it is hard because of the long wait. He said every home game they stay at a hotel. I remember a long time ago they stopped doing this because of money. Maybe somebody else knows?

We then started to talk about many different things. I told him about my recent experiences of running into players. He said a lot of players live in Northgate and Lake City because of the cost. He told me he lives with Otton and Kirkland right by Children's Hospital. I told him athletes when I was down here were always around campus. He said rent is about a $1,000 per person thus a lot of athletes are moving away. I asked him how the team was looking and he said "great". I told him I couldn't wait and that I expected a NY6 Bowl and possibly the playoffs. He said he wants to go back to a NY6 Bowl bad and that they are very close to winning those games. I then said to myself "KrunkJuice the food is getting cold let's go."

I told him that I loved Petersen but my only gripe was the slow starts for the offense. I told him that our offense comes across as beta and that we need to be more aggressive. I said it isn't like we don't have a defense that can't bail us out. He jumped in and said "like Boise". And I said "yeah". His teams over there seemed to play with much more of an edge and it isn't showing up here. They ran more trick plays and we are ultra conservative. He agreed with that but said that last year they had several missed assignments and players should have done better. He said we need to play like we did in the 4th qt against Ohio St. I then went in for the kill. I asked "Are you allowed to report on the QB battle or anything". He said with a smirk/smile "no", "We are not allowed to say anything". I was like "I totally respect that." He said he is very excited for the season and expects big things. I then went in for the kill for the 2nd and last time. I said I am so pumped like you. I read the practice reports as much as I can and if we go with "my guy Eason" we could have that special year. He responded with another but "slightly bigger" smirk/smile and said "Whatever the coaches think." We shook hands and left.

I remember liking the signing of him a few years back and after talking with him for 20 or so minutes I am a bigger fan of him. He is a really good guy.

As I was finishing writing this, it flashed across ESPN that Justin Fields and Jalen Hurts have won their lol "QB Competition". We are close guys.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    The players love Eason so there’s that.

They all want him to start
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

The players love Eason so there’s that.

They all want him to start

I’m gonna have to go with gee Scott here on this one and call bs. Everyone wants Haener and was talking about the difference between last year and this year.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    Midnight bump. Good chit.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    did you buy his teriyaki? I hope not, that is a step above a fruit basket
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    I watched the Apple Cup with his dad, mom and sister in the confines of Martin Stadium. Nice folks....