Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Interesting Recruiting Statistic

Hatchett, McMillan, Odunze, Covington.

4-0 straight up against Oklahomo.

Lincoln Riley has been made our? bitch this cycle.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Anyone have some good Schooner Schadenfreude?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    bigcc said:

They have gotten 3 recruits who had UW offers

So not technically correct, but would easily take our 4 without a second thought

Fair. They had UW offers, but not a situation where it was down to the final two schools.

Our 4 were all down to a basic final two head-to-head and UW came up Aces.
  • Options

Anyone have some good Schooner Schadenfreude?

From their mod:

I told you all over the last month or so that OU had backed off of 4-star DB Jacobe Covington.

This morning —after his tweet talking about news at 4pm— I reached out to a source and was told, “(OU) still haven’t changed from backing off of him since (OU) got Bryson Washington’s commitment.”

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

bigcc said:

So not technically correct, but would easily take our 4 without a second thought

Fair. They had UW offers, but not a situation where it was down to the final two schools.

bigcc said:

So Oklahoma can get their hat on the table for west coast kids and we can’t for Texas kids. Ok?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Interesting.

Rivals has Bryson Washington rated higher than Covington.

247 has Covington rated higher than Washington.

I guess we'll see .... But considering what appears to be questionable Rivals rating service compared to 247 I'm pretty comfortable with Covington.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Notre Damelahoma?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

So Oklahoma can get their hat on the table for west coast kids and we can’t for Texas kids. Ok?
    Missing my point. Sure, we never even got in a straight up final 2 battle for a Texas kid against Oklahoma, but I'm not really wanting to jump back into the Texas recruiting fiasco from the other day when I posted Caple's article anyway.

The 3 OU commits who had UW offers never had UW in their final 2. UW was eliminated relatively early on.

The 4 UW commits who had OU offers literally had UW vs OU as their top 2 in a head-to-head battle.

In the straight up battles, UW has come out 4-0. I don't give a fuck if they're west coast kids or not. Why UW isn't getting into a final 2 with Oklahoma over Texas recruits is a different conversation entirely. Take it back to that thread and hash it out with Tequilla and DoogBot.
    oklahoma or oregon?
  • Options
    Meek said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

Missing my point. Sure, we never even got in a straight up final 2 battle for a Texas kid against Oklahoma, but I'm not really wanting to jump back into the Texas recruiting fiasco from the other day when I posted Caple's article anyway.

The 3 OU commits who had UW offers never had UW in their final 2. UW was eliminated relatively early on.

The 4 UW commits who had OU offers literally had UW vs OU as their top 2 in a head-to-head battle.

In the straight up battles, UW has come out 4-0. I don't give a fuck if they're west coast kids or not. Why UW isn't getting into a final 2 with Oklahoma over Texas recruits is a different conversation entirely. Take it back to that thread and hash it out with Tequilla and DoogBot.
    oklahoma or oregon?
    Oklahoma is OU, Oregon is UO
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

I didn’t miss your point. We have the advantage for west coast kids and we held serve. They held serve in Texas. There were no neutral battles.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

I didn’t miss your point. We have the advantage for west coast kids and we held serve. They held serve in Texas. There were no neutral battles.
    This sort of succinct analysis will not sell $10.95/mo TBS subscriber memberships.

Needs more arc-sine transformed data and racial tension to have a chance with the nerdy 5'7" whiteboy crew.