Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Preseason all pac 12

Why is Trey Adams behind a dude who played half the year?

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Simple, one has healthy back while other dosent
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    PFF has lost my respect with their over hyping of Oregon's O-line. Those guys are basic as fuck and will get embarrassed against Auburn and UW.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    WGAS. We're going to clean up once again come postseason, we just have too many new bodies to gain traction in the useless preseason lists.
  • Options
    PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

I know HH doesnt put much weight into #data and #anylitics

But PFF has been arguably the best public football analytics site for like 10 years. Footballoutsiders is really the only other place that has a similar track record and lifespan
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

PFF has lost my respect with their over hyping of Oregon's O-line. Those guys are basic as fuck and will get embarrassed against Auburn and UW.

PFF is playing Auburn and UW???
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PHD_Dawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

But PFF has been arguably the best public football analytics site for like 10 years. Footballoutsiders is really the only other place that has a similar track record and lifespan
    What did they pick for Justin Herbert last year?

Case closed
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PHD_Dawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

PFF does some analytics but the base of most of their stuff is eye test. They present it as objective data but it's highly highly subjective.

I like PFF and appreciate their existence but I don't consider most of what they do analytics.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

PHD_Dawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

PFF does some analytics but the base of most of their stuff is eye test. They present it as objective data but it's highly highly subjective.

I like PFF and appreciate their existence but I don't consider most of what they do analytics.
    Bingo. PFF is fun if they say something nice about our(?) guys but that's about as much as they're worth. Imagine the manpower it would take to breakdown (65P5 x 100plays x 22players) weekly.
  • Options
    PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

PHD_Dawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

Maybe analytics isnt the right phrasing per se, but their people do have specific criteria for compiling data. It's not like they are just winging it. And iirc their services are purchased by most/all NFL teams
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    PHD_Dawg said:

dnc said:

PHD_Dawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Those aren’t real awards

HTH

Maybe analytics isnt the right phrasing per se, but their people do have specific criteria for compiling data. It's not like they are just winging it. And iirc their services are purchased by most/all NFL teams
    Enjoy the fuck out of it then.