Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I like to complain that UW has shitty branding

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

There are things that work at Miami that don't work anywhere else. Getting to temporarily wear a big, garish gold chain as a reward for hurting someone is one of them.

I rest my case your honor.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Turnover salmon is so fucking dumb please god stop, I don’t want to be made fun of by the cool kids at the play ground. God a Seafood Chain would sound way better, Christ a chain of all gold apples would be better but just a fucking Salmon I can see Espn eating is up right now, fuck we should do a chain of 3 gold cupcakes to throw shade at them.

This is how I know you wish you were an Oregon fan.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:
    I know right? And still I loose the bracket.

Victor E. Bull, LOOSE THE BRACKETS!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Show your face pj if that’s even your real name.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

I think Washington's brand is the no-brand brand. The reason for this is that the culture of this place is too aloof and insecure for a brand. Brands are earned, and they are either flattering or goofy. Washington fans are too realistic for a faux flattering brand, and way too proud for a goofy one.

The program is supported by a sour puss and resentful fan base of pasty white sun dodgers who as a group are insanely yet quietly covetous of the attention received by other programs. "We're just as prestigious as they are," is the standard self-talk of this band of malcontents. Convinced they have all the goods to be among the most popular girls in school, the world tells them they're "not too bad". In the face of this disappointment, their northern European-influenced sense of dignity will not allow them to complain too loudly lest they make a spectacle.

Somewhat counterintuitively, this psychological pathos of delicate and wounded pride is the derivation of the odd deference this group shows to other programs whose numbers overwhelm their own and from whom they long for respect. If Washington has a brand, it's "USC really respects us!" Or, "Did you know you can come to our games by boat!!!??!!!"

The Promethean plight of the Washington fan is his own identity and self-image.

It’s like someone looked into my soul and a stream of consciousness electrified their fingers. If you only could have worked a Reference to Sysiphus and the fact my mother never truly loved me it would have been perfect.