Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

247 West of the Rest Podcast

So, new podcast has started up. I'll be listening to it from time to time and pulling tidbits for the recruiting bored.

The idea then was long term, to do a podcast that would cover recruits in the West region, not just in the biggest market in the region, Southern California, but on the other fertile recruiting bases in the West- Arizona, Utah, Washington and Hawaii.

Eventually, it would be the entire West region and include those recruits from Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon and Wyoming as well as Samoa, American Samoa and parts of Canada.

About the Podcast
The West of the Rest Podcast is a new Podcast on the 247Sports Network covering Pac-12 and Mountain West Conference recruiting and West region football. It will feature recruits from the West region throughout the year as well as coaches and other recruiting industry guests.

About the Hosts:
- Blair Angulo is the Mountain and Island Region Recruiting Analyst for 247Sports.com, focusing on the states of Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah, while also contributing in the Southern California hotbed. He has been covering recruiting since 2011, with previous stints at ESPN Los Angeles, Scout and Rivals, where he co-hosted a weekly show that aired nationally on Yahoo! Sports Radio. Blair resides in Orange County, Calif.

- Brandon Huffman is the National Recruiting Editor for 247Sports.com and has been covering recruiting since 2003, starting out covering recruits in his native Southern California before expanding to a national analyst role in 2010. Prior to his time at 247Sports, he was the National Recruiting Director at Scout.com and FOXSports.com. He's appeared on numerous national and local television and radio shows covering regional and national recruiting. Brandon now resides in the Seattle suburb of Auburn with his family.

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You’re doing the Lord’s work @DoogCourics!

I'm just spreading the gospel to the good people of the world @Doog_de_Jour!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @DoogCourics is basically Coker and DDYs illegitimate love child I think.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

@DoogCourics is basically Coker and DDYs illegitimate love child I think.

Chincredible genes. Almost as good as the mythical combination of Ossai and CENTER.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, new podcast has started up. I'll be listening to it from time to time and pulling tidbits for the recruiting bored.

The idea then was long term, to do a podcast that would cover recruits in the West region, not just in the biggest market in the region, Southern California, but on the other fertile recruiting bases in the West- Arizona, Utah, Washington and Hawaii.

Eventually, it would be the entire West region and include those recruits from Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon and Wyoming as well as Samoa, American Samoa and parts of Canada.

About the Podcast
    The West of the Rest Podcast is a new Podcast on the 247Sports Network covering Pac-12 and Mountain West Conference recruiting and West region football. It will feature recruits from the West region throughout the year as well as coaches and other recruiting industry guests.

About the Hosts:
    - Blair Angulo is the Mountain and Island Region Recruiting Analyst for 247Sports.com, focusing on the states of Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah, while also contributing in the Southern California hotbed. He has been covering recruiting since 2011, with previous stints at ESPN Los Angeles, Scout and Rivals, where he co-hosted a weekly show that aired nationally on Yahoo! Sports Radio. Blair resides in Orange County, Calif.

- Brandon Huffman is the National Recruiting Editor for 247Sports.com and has been covering recruiting since 2003, starting out covering recruits in his native Southern California before expanding to a national analyst role in 2010. Prior to his time at 247Sports, he was the National Recruiting Director at Scout.com and FOXSports.com. He's appeared on numerous national and local television and radio shows covering regional and national recruiting. Brandon now resides in the Seattle suburb of Auburn with his family.

I'm in
  • Options
    Sav'ell Smalls interview:

- WSU is a hometown school and he wants to show love even though they aren't a national brand
    - Tennessee will give him an opportunity to play right away based on numbers (and Coach Pruitt is a "defensive mastermind")
    - FSU (Taggart) offered him his freshman year while Willie was at Oregon and he loves the culture and the people
    - Oregon likes how Coach Cristoball brought experience from Bama and that he focuses on physical play
    - Bama is a football factory and Saban is fucking Nick Saban
    - Washington got back in because there was a lot going on at the time and it was a premature decision to remove them, he needed to look more into it and really think about what is going on
    - He's getting close to a decision, but he's going to use the next few months to really look at the games and see who's actually translating all the recruiting talk into production on the field. Who is developing players and letting them play and how does the team compete
    - He'll commit before December and sign if after watching the teams in season helps him make up his mind
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Sav'ell Smalls interview:

- WSU is a hometown school and he wants to show love even though they aren't a national brand
    - Tennessee will give him an opportunity to play right away based on numbers (and Coach Pruitt is a "defensive mastermind")
    - FSU (Taggart) offered him his freshman year while Willie was at Oregon and he loves the culture and the people
    - Oregon likes how Coach Cristoball brought experience from Bama and that he focuses on physical play
    - Bama is a football factory and Saban is fucking Nick Saban
    - Washington got back in because there was a lot going on at the time and it was a premature decision to remove them, he needed to look more into it and really think about what is going on
    - He's getting close to a decision, but he's going to use the next few months to really look at the games and see who's actually translating all the recruiting talk into production on the field. Who is developing players and letting them play and how does the team compete
    - He'll commit before December and sign if after watching the teams in season helps him make up his mind

lol they going to get lit up lolz
  • Options
    So they changed the podcast and it took it off my Apple podcasts. I thought they just quit doing it after a couple episodes, so my bad.

I’m not going to listen to the last few months since it’s all past, but I added the new one to my podcast subscriptions so when it kicks out, I’ll poast my thoughts. In the archived ones I’m not going to listen to, there seemed to be a lot of UW stuff, so going forward there should be some stuff worth regurgitating.
  • Options
    They completely killed this podcast. Nothing was really happening so they merged multiple pods into one. So now Angulo has the 247 podcast where he talks with multiple regional analysts over an hour or so.

Discussed Emeka. They were surprised Oklahoma made his final 4 over Oregon. Clemson is apparently the one that is the newest relationship. Dad has only seen Washington and wants to visit the other schools, so Emeka isn’t close to making a decision yet. Ohio State has all 11 Cristoballz right now. Washington is currently his closest relationship or best relationship with the coaches, but is currently 4th from what Huffman has heard. Basically the other 3 schools are all playoff teams and have been producing NFL receivers each year. Ohio States only weakness is they are loaded at WR, but that shouldn’t bother Emeka. Washington’s biggest plus is his relationship with Huard.

Discussed JTT. Huffman’s CB to Ohio State is just a 1 confidence. Their DL development is huge obviously. Simon’s commitment to USC is a big deal. Huffman believes he will wait until February to commit and Washington will have every chance to land him because of all of the family in the PNW.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020
    Would you rather be in "1st place" in May or would you rather have the closest/best relationship to the player in May? Stay tuned for further developments in this riveting saga.