Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If the UW offense doesn't average

Comments

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How long can one hold out hope for Salvon he was suppose to be this freak athlete but so far he really hasn’t gown much I know Gascan ran it 2000 times last year but also was odd that he ran it so much and it didn’t feel like we used Salvon much but when he did come in he tried to be like Gascan and didn’t look grest
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Without MMFG how many games would we have won last year? 8?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,574
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

5 star QB
    Stable of RB's (all can play, McGrew will be lethal as a pass Catcher)
    WR finally has talent (Puka will play, Fuller will ball out)
    Elite at the TE position
    OL has loads of experience (only one weakness)

I really want to dream with you on Skinny, just can't though.
    No more dreaming, it's time for reality. Pete needs to get it done. Eason will be good if the coaches don't fuck it up.

Ahmed will be 1,000 yard plus back this year.
    There no good reason why Skinny shouldn't be at least solid this season.

I don't see it with Ahmed but as always happy to be wrong.
    You kicked my ass in the circle jerk tournament but I will kick your ass about Ahmed!

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

5 star QB
    Elite at the TE position

No more dreaming, it's time for reality. Pete needs to get it done. Eason will be good if the coaches don't fuck it up.

You kicked my ass in the circle jerk tournament but I will kick your ass about Ahmed!

Please!

• Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

5 star QB
    Elite at the TE position

Gladstone said:

Without MMFG how many games would we have won last year? 8?

It's a fair poont. But Browning was trending way down. He only threw 3 TDs in the last four games I believe.

The oline will be better this year.

The coaching staff has zero excuses this year.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Well, for all the Ahmed haters, I said out of high school he should play DB. I got a big fuck you from many of you.

Now, few care for him as a RB.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Well, for all the Ahmed haters, I said out of high school he should play DB. I got a big fuck you from many of you.

You'd still be wrong. He's not a great every down back, but he's still a valuable offensive weapon. I've never seen anything from him that says he'd be contributing as a DB.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If we don't it's on Jen Cohen.

She takes credit for all the good things happening. (Hiring Petersen, Rowboat/diamondDawg dominance, tits, Hopkins, womens rugby, etc.)

Needs to start taking credit for the bad like offensive production, womens shootyhoops, short distance sprints...
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

You'd still be wrong. He's not a great every down back, but he's still a valuable offensive weapon. I've never seen anything from him that says he'd be contributing as a DB.
    I think last year Ahmed should have spent most his time learning the actual Chico role and WE actually could have used the slapdick motion offense scheme to get him in quality one on one match ups with both him and gaskin on the field at the same time.

Ahmed should have been used on the field to hide the play intentions in the huddle. Sometimes in the backfield and sometimes as a receiver after motion or out of the slot.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    edited July 2019
    FirePete said:

Have we averaged 30 points for the last 2 years? If we average 28 that would be great improvement

You're kidding right? 36ppg in 2017 when the offense "sucked" under Babu.

I generally agree with the sentiment "everyone sucks until they don't" (LOOKING AT YOU BUSH)... UW's offense didn't suck in 16 or 17.

Anyways, yes it's a coaching issue if we? aren't Top 25 in scoring (wherever that falls).
  • Options

It's year 6. Whatever excuses you can make for why the offense isn't scoring 30+ are Petermen's to own. The end.

The offense scored 30+ ppg each year until 2018
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TacoSoup said:

FirePete said:

Have we averaged 30 points for the last 2 years? If we average 28 that would be great improvement

I generally agree with the sentiment "everyone sucks until they don't" (LOOKING AT YOU BUSH)... UW's offense didn't suck in 16 or 17.

Anyways, yes it's a coaching issue if we? aren't Top 25 in scoring (wherever that falls).
    The offense was never actually that good. Good offenses can score 27 on anyone. The two most talented teams we played we scored 7 and 13.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Talk to the tbs'ers stud. Elite DB.
  • Options
    GOAT said:

TacoSoup said:

FirePete said:

The offense was never actually that good. Good offenses can score 27 on anyone. The two most talented teams we played we scored 7 and 13.
    You're moving the goalposts.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TacoSoup said:

It's year 6. Whatever excuses you can make for why the offense isn't scoring 30+ are Petermen's to own. The end.

Funny how 2018 was the only year where we didn't have 3 cupcake OOC games to drive the average up. Irregardless it also means we regressed. Petermen has had the time to get his guys in there. No more excuses. Call it "30+ ppg in conference" if you like. The offense needs to be better and stop costing the defense games(Cal, ASU) and making soft games close(CCG). God help the rest of the PAC12 if we have an offense capable of bailing the defense out for the occasional game they allow more than 20pts.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

TacoSoup said:

Funny how 2018 was the only year where we didn't have 3 cupcake OOC games to drive the average up. Irregardless it also means we regressed. Petermen has had the time to get his guys in there. No more excuses. Call it "30+ ppg in conference" if you like. The offense needs to be better and stop costing the defense games(Cal, ASU) and making soft games close(CCG). God help the rest of the PAC12 if we have an offense capable of bailing the defense out for the occasional game they allow more than 20pts.
    This.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

TacoSoup said:

Funny how 2018 was the only year where we didn't have 3 cupcake OOC games to drive the average up. Irregardless it also means we regressed.
    mute point imo
  • Options
    edited July 2019

TacoSoup said:

2016 and 2017, they averaged 30+ in conference, 29 in 2015. This is not meant to defend 2018 and I agree this is a defining year offensively for CP/UW.

OP suggested 34ppg... right around Top 25 in 2018 scoring, Top 15 in P5. UW was both of those in 16 & 17 (season and conference games) and still “sucked” to large number of people

I remain unclear on what exactly people want... While acknowledging that the offense needs to be better