Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

GOLF TALK 2019

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Yes fans the season is over for major golf. A thud of a dud of a season post Masters. Tiger got everyone back on the bandwagon with how he finished last year and with his stirring Masters win. Then he took the rest of the season off and made everything else seem like it was 2010 again and the first time we had to start getting Tiger out of our system. He wasn't there I don't care.

A bad season to compress the Majors. It still seems like a good idea but I miss the August major and I don't think anyone really gives a fuck about the Fed Ex Championship or Tour Championship unless Tiger and I don't think he's playing this year.

The first time Tiger got hurt we got the Next Gen guys like Rory. 4 majors. Spieth, 3 majors. Thomas and the rest and by the way it is time to assign Rickie Fowler to the cash grab lane and not the major champ lane.

Rory hasn't won a major since 2014 after winning 4 in three years. Spieth dominated 2015 and won the Open in 2017 and now has the yips off the tee.

Koepka is the latest and has done it partially with Tiger roaming the sidelines again. He got his 4th this year and finished top 5.

This is how golf is for players not named Jack or Tiger. You win your majors in bunches and look like you're on your way and then its been 5 years since you won one.

30 men have won 4 majors on the PGA tour. Then the air gets rare

20 men have won 5 or more including Phil and Seve

13 men have won 6 or more - Trevino and Faldo

11 have won 7 or more a group of 5 that includes Arnie, and Snead and Jones

Watson has 8 including 5 Opens

Hogan and player have 9

Hagen, Woods and Nicklaus have double digits

Multiple winners tend to group their wins in a 4-6 year period. Jack and Tiger stretched that out a bit. Tiger won 14 between 97 and 08. 13 between 99 and 08. He missed out so far on the second act that Jack had

Jack won 14 between 62 and the end of 75.

It looks like Koepka can keep winning majors but I don't think he even sniffs double digits. Faldo won 6 majors and not much else but that is rare. Most multiple major winners rank high on the all time wins list and Brooks doesn't seem to give a shit.

See you at the Masters 2020

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Yes fans the season is over for major golf. A thud of a dud of a season post Masters. Tiger got everyone back on the bandwagon with how he finished last year and with his stirring Masters win. Then he took the rest of the season off and made everything else seem like it was 2010 again and the first time we had to start getting Tiger out of our system. He wasn't there I don't care.

A bad season to compress the Majors. It still seems like a good idea but I miss the August major and I don't think anyone really gives a fuck about the Fed Ex Championship or Tour Championship unless Tiger and I don't think he's playing this year.

The first time Tiger got hurt we got the Next Gen guys like Rory. 4 majors. Spieth, 3 majors. Thomas and the rest and by the way it is time to assign Rickie Fowler to the cash grab lane and not the major champ lane.

Rory hasn't won a major since 2014 after winning 4 in three years. Spieth dominated 2015 and won the Open in 2017 and now has the yips off the tee.

Koepka is the latest and has done it partially with Tiger roaming the sidelines again. He got his 4th this year and finished top 5.

This is how golf is for players not named Jack or Tiger. You win your majors in bunches and look like you're on your way and then its been 5 years since you won one.

30 men have won 4 majors on the PGA tour. Then the air gets rare

20 men have won 5 or more including Phil and Seve

13 men have won 6 or more - Trevino and Faldo

11 have won 7 or more a group of 5 that includes Arnie, and Snead and Jones

Watson has 8 including 5 Opens

Hogan and player have 9

Hagen, Woods and Nicklaus have double digits

Multiple winners tend to group their wins in a 4-6 year period. Jack and Tiger stretched that out a bit. Tiger won 14 between 97 and 08. 13 between 99 and 08. He missed out so far on the second act that Jack had

Jack won 14 between 62 and the end of 75.

It looks like Koepka can keep winning majors but I don't think he even sniffs double digits. Faldo won 6 majors and not much else but that is rare. Most multiple major winners rank high on the all time wins list and Brooks doesn't seem to give a shit.

See you at the Masters 2020

Disagree