Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Escalating tensions on Capitol Hill erupted into a floor fight in the House of Representatives on Tuesday afternoon, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spoke in favor of a proposed resolution condemning "racist" comments by President Trump -- and Pelosi's words were eventually ruled out of order by House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Democrat.

The House then started a vote on whether to strike Pelosi's words from the record, and is expected to vote afterward on whether to ban her from speaking on the House floor for the rest of the day. Democrats were largely voting in favor of overruling Hoyer and keeping Pelosi's comments on the record, with one Democrat member of Congress telling Fox News, "We’re going to defend our Speaker.”

The dramatic episode began when Pelosi's prepared remarks turned personal, and Georgia Republican Rep. Doug Collins rose to challenge her and demand that her words be "taken down." The extraordinary rebuke was the first of its kind involving a member of Congress and a speaker of the House in decades.

The scene then became even more bizarre when the chair, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., told representatives after a lengthy huddle that he was trying to make a fair ruling as to whether Pelosi had broken House rules, but people weren’t cooperating.

Cleaver simply declared, "I abandon the chair," and left -- a moment with no apparent precedent in modern congressional history. North Carolina Rep. G.K. Butterfield, also a Democrat, then assumed the chair.

In her prepared remarks, Pelosi spoke in frank and unsparing terms about Trump's comments on Twitter over the weekend.

"There is no place anywhere for the president's words, which are not only divisive, but dangerous -- and have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color," Pelosi, D-Calif., said. "It's so sad because you would think that there would be a given that we would universally, in this body, just say, 'Of course. Of course.'"

Pelosi continued, her voice rising: "There's no excuse for any response to those words but a swift and strong unified condemnation. Every single member of this institution, Democratic and Republican, should join us in condemning the president's racist tweets. To do anything less would be a shocking rejection of our values, and a shameful abdication of our oath of office to protect the American people. I urge a unanimous vote, and yield back the balance of my time."

Collins immediately stood and asked if Pelosi wanted to "rephrase that comment."

"I have cleared my remarks with the parliamentarian before I read them," Pelosi said, before walking away to applause.

"Can I ask the words be taken down? I make a point of order that the gentlewoman's words are unparliamentary and be taken down," Collins said.

Fox News is told Collins used House Rule XXII, Clause 1(B). That rule requires that remarks on the floor “be confined to the question under debate, avoiding personality."

"The chair will remind all members, please, please, do not make personality-based comments," Cleaver said.

This same House gave the Squad a pass on anti semitism

#NeverForget
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Republicans instead of rebuking Trump's racist remarks are arguing about whether it's ok to call racist comments racist. Just when you think Republicans can't stoop any lower to try and defend and deflect for Trump they say oh ya...hold my beer.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does the GDS stand for Gosh Darn Stupid?

What racist remarks?

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    The vote was 240-187.
    The US House of Representatives recognizes trump as a racist.
    The racist censure vote was in the bag.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The vote was 240-187.

Says the Kunt who is constantly referring to people as “white trash.”
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

The vote was 240-187.

Are you going to vote to censure me as a racist?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

The vote was 240-187.

Are you going to vote to censure me as a racist?
    Unlikely. But if they held a vote on pancaked & cucked soyboys, you’d carry both sides of the aisle.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

The vote was 240-187.

Are they white trash?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    And people still wonder why Trump won. Reason #167, right here.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    GDS up to his old tricks. Calls people racist but then can't explain what they did that was racist! Bravo gds, you looked like an idiot again!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

GDS up to his old tricks. Calls people racist but then can't explain what they did that was racist! Bravo gds, you looked like an idiot again!

Read the Mueller report!!!!