Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LMJ’s take on Sean Dollars

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Chryst. Either Dollars is good and steals some carries from Verdell and Dye, or he sucks and sells his couch in two years. Recruiting ism’t a game of 100% certainty.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Chryst. Either Dollars is good and steals some carries from Verdell and Dye, or he sucks and sells his couch in two years. Recruiting ism’t a game of 100% certainty.

Nope.

Dollars probably sucks though. I was the one who said I didn't want him even when it looked like he was coming to UW.

Killer rap name though.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Nope.

Dollars probably sucks though. I was the one who said I didn't want him even when it looked like he was coming to UW.

Killer rap name though.
    amazing name no doubt. I wanted him sight unseen because of the name.

That said, if you watched the CIF playoffs last year he didn't start for his team... curious to say the least.
  • Options
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Killer rap name though.

That said, if you watched the CIF playoffs last year he didn't start for his team... curious to say the least.
    Huh?

The first Mater Dei offensive play of the game is literally Dollars catching a screen pass split out at wide receiver and taking it for 20+ yards.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Killer rap name though.

Huh?

The first Mater Dei offensive play of the game is literally Dollars catching a screen pass split out at wide receiver and taking it for 20+ yards.

at the 5:23 mark you see the starting lineup and he's not listed...i recall watching the game and him getting very little action the first half. you're right that he's involved in the first play and then is on the field for a few downs after that, but he didn't see much action after that.

i just thought it was curious that he was so highly ranked yet wasn't starting at back over harper. for a guy that highly rated he seemed pretty low on the totem pole at MD.

i'd have to rewatch the entire game to know if my memory is correct or if i'm full of shit, though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Meek said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Killer rap name though.

Huh?

So he started at WR.

Chinteresting.
  • Options
    Meek said:

Meek said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Killer rap name though.

Huh?

at the 5:23 mark you see the starting lineup and he's not listed...i recall watching the game and him getting very little action the first half. you're right that he's involved in the first play and then is on the field for a few downs after that, but he didn't see much action after that.

i just thought it was curious that he was so highly ranked yet wasn't starting at back over harper. for a guy that highly rated he seemed pretty low on the totem pole at MD.

i'd have to rewatch the entire game to know if my memory is correct or if i'm full of shit, though.
    He spent most of the year playing slot receiver for Mater Dei because A) Mater Dei needed receivers after injuries and forced transfer sit outs and B) Dollars at receiver and Harper at running back is a better combination than Harper at wide receiver and Dollars at running back.

He ended the year as Mater Dei's third leading receiver because of it. If you watch his Gorman game film, he scores two long touchdowns lining up in the slot and a third long touchdown lining up at running back.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7868547/5b823b295cb3eb06e01072e3

If yore Jim Mastro and yore offense revolves around putting the fear of god into opposing defenses with fake fly sweeps, Dollars' Mater Dei film is exactly the kind of player yore looking for. We? probably play him in the slot this year and find a handful of carries for him in a traditional roll.

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    Exactly, Dollars on film beats angles against good competition. Part of that is his burst and change of speed. Dollars has poor top end speed but he set tacklers up to miss.

I would imagine his 10 yard split on the 40 is excellent.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    Yea, Dollars is just back up material

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sean-dollars/gkp7KV2kEea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

He obviously doesn’t have the talent to make it at the next level.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

Yea, Dollars is just back up material

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sean-dollars/gkp7KV2kEea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

He obviously doesn’t have the talent to make it at the next level.

Agree. He sucks.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431

He meant "dangerous" in the way the Great Poets used the word; meaning that it's risky for the Ducks to take a flier on this guy

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-football-Sean-Dollars-transfer-portal-199134532/

Derek was first and write
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

I will say one of the few things the TBS guys on here got right were the Oregon WDWHA "4 star recruits" Oregon signed to just boost their 247 rating early Crisco years. Here's the guys who I remembered getting labelled that:

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

And man, going through your classes, starting in 2019, other than Thibodeaux, your highest-rated recruits (at least a high four star type) each year have been shockingly bad:

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Noah Sewell - yes, he's comically bad at anything other than rushing at the center
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Troy Franklin - Big on him to actually not suck
    Donte Thornton

More proof MC needed to go.

Thank you ghost of Jimmy Johnson.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I will say one of the few things the TBS guys on here got right were the Oregon WDWHA "4 star recruits" Oregon signed to just boost their 247 rating early Crisco years. Here's the guys who I remembered getting labelled that:

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

And man, going through your classes, starting in 2019, other than Thibodeaux, your highest-rated recruits (at least a high four star type) each year have been shockingly bad:

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Noah Sewell - yes, he's comically bad at anything other than rushing at the center
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Donte Thornton

Also, shout out to Uncle Phil and those dudes for hooking up your GOAT running back with a fucking fast foot burger place.

You've obviously never had Killer Burger and Fries.

Sad.

Define "shockingly bad" and who qualifies.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Donte Thornton

Also, shout out to Uncle Phil and those dudes for hooking up your GOAT running back with a fucking fast foot burger place.

Sad.

I'm sure they're great burgers and fries, but it's a sad look for a GOAT less than 10 years removed from the program. At least get him a fake Nike job or something, but I feel like they're smart enough not to do that.

Shockingly bad probably wasn't the right term. I guess either left the program quickly or been pretty unremarkable is better. Maybe there's hope. You coudl say something similar for a lot of Washington's better recent recruits until Deboer showed up.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2022

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Donte Thornton

Of that group, the huge miss is Thompson. He's in a class by himself. I can't even figure out how he was good in HS. I don't know anything about Kingsley ... isn't he the guy who just left or had to medically retire or some shit.

Thornton isn't a miss. I don't think Funa is either, though he's battled the fats. Manning and Wright may be more of a failure to develop, but then you wonder how Thomas Graham ever made it to the NFL at all. Both of those guys are much more talented than he is. I thought he was awful at Oregon until his senior year at which point he got remarkably better. Sewell does seem limited, Flowe I'm assuming is an injury casualty or something, but yeah that's a miss. Tauanu'u is another medical retirement, so yeah a miss.

Pittman is the next big miss. I never understood his star rating. Maybe he was borrowing from his brother's rep. Dollars had the knee injury. When Oregon has fed him he's actually been a pretty decent back. I would say Oregon was better off having him around. He could actually be pretty good.

I don't know enough about Jones, Jaramillo or Delgado to say definitively one way or the other. I'd always heard Delgado had a lot of upside but couldn't put it together on game day.

• Options

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Donte Thornton

Of that group, the huge miss is Thompson. He's in a class by himself. I can't even figure out how he was good in HS. I don't know anything about Kingsley ... isn't he the guy who just left or had to medically retire or some shit.

Thornton isn't a miss. I don't think Funa is either, though he's battled the fats. Manning and Wright may be more of a failure to develop, but then you wonder how Thomas Graham ever made it to the NFL at all. Both of those guys are much more talented than he is. I thought he was awful at Oregon until his senior year at which point he got remarkably better. Sewell does seem limited, Flowe I'm assuming is an injury casualty or something, but yeah that's a miss. Tauanu'u is another medical retirement, so yeah a miss.

Pittman is the next big miss. I never understood his star rating. Maybe he was borrowing from his brother's rep. Dollars had the knee injury. When Oregon has fed him he's actually been a pretty decent back. I would say Oregon was better off having him around. He could actually be pretty good.

I don't know enough about Jones, Jaramillo or Delgado to say definitively one way or the other. I'd always heard Delgado had a lot of upside but couldn't put it together on game day.

Thompson is a mystery for sure. I think he has zero confidence and needs to get a fresh start elsewhere.

Kingsley is starting at BYU. Where he should have went day one. Seems he thought he should have been starting at Oregon.

Wright needed to stay at least one more year. Horrible decision to leave. His KO TD return at SC is a sample of his talent.

Manning is the major disappointment. Watching him try to cover the long ball is tragic. Had much higher hopes.

Agree on Pittman and Dollars. I’m gonna laugh when Dollars ends up at uw.

Never saw Funa before his HS knee injury so not sure how good he really was. Not a bust at all.

Flowe. A highlight reel seeker that apparently likes to freelance. Miss for sure but it’s not like everyone didn’t want this guy.

The rest are not unheard of in CFB. All teams have misses. They matter a lot to some people.

Thornton is going to be very good wherever he lands but he wasn’t beating Franklin or Hutson out next year. Can’t blame him for wanting to be the guy. If he really wants to get back to the EC, UNC might be a good spot with Maye.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh you're turning on Flowe now 😆
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Mycah Pittman
    Sean Dollars
    Josh Delgado
    Steven Jones
    Dawson Jaramillo

Mykael Wright
    Jonah Tauanu'u
    Mase Funa
    Flowe
    Dontae Manning
    Kingsley
    Ty Thompson
    Donte Thornton

Sad.

I'm sure they're great burgers and fries, but it's a sad look for a GOAT less than 10 years removed from the program. At least get him a fake Nike job or something, but I feel like they're smart enough not to do that.

Shockingly bad probably wasn't the right term. I guess either left the program quickly or been pretty unremarkable is better. Maybe there's hope. You coudl say something similar for a lot of Washington's better recent recruits until Deboer showed up.
    Why would he want to be a pour working at Nike just to be able to say he works there?

Fats is too nice to portal guys. Midwesterners are like that.
  • Options
    haie said:

Oh you're turning on Flowe now 😆

Right, I’ve not stopped poasting about his greatness since he arrived. Why do you fucking make up narratives in your pea brain Haie?

Is that why you were “retired?”